Happy sequestration day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patro

Reaction score
Who's brewing a few extra batches in preparation for a furlough? I'm actually getting a little bit excited about the possibility of 3 day weekends all summer. I'd have time to brew every week. I just try not to think about the pay cut. Maybe I'll start doing 1 or 2.5 gallon batches.

I'll be brewing but it won't be in celebration of the sequester. Got a Belgian comp coming up where our local breweries are offering to brew up the winners. I have a great one in the bottle all ready and I need to whip up two 1.5 gallon batches before the weekend is out.

Nice. Can't say that I'm celebrating either just trying to get a good pipeline going and stockpile ingredients before the pay cuts hit.

i came to terms with the furlough and the fact that I can't do anything about it. I will definitely be brewing more as a result of the extra time. Just hoping my office gives us friday or monday off.

I'm planning on making a 14% beer in honor of the furlough.... It'll be my "night before my furlough day" choice of drink. Haha.

While the spending cuts technically "took effect" overnight, they won't actually have an effect until April 1st at the earliest(when the original funding plan expires). Plenty of time for folks to see the light and come up with an agreement.

Considering furloughs are going to cost me a 42% pay cut I will have to put brewing on hold.

we are getting 1 day a week for 22 weeks off, basically a 20% reduction for 22 weeks. It is not the end of the world to me, just means I don't see much of the benefit this year of getting my promotion in November.

Feels like the Mean Green is being punished. For everyone else it's only 5%.

Welcome to the forum, yep it’s B.S. that the biggest cuts besides us are 20%but we are being cut ~40%.
Dear UDA's, Bienvenidos a los Estados Unidos.

Back