Happy Fathers Day to me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlc904

Reaction score
Hi, I got a Brewers Best Home brewing kit for fathers day. It came from Dave's Home Brewing Supply in Maryville Il. They are on-line and they also have a location in Belleville Il. Check them out. The kit came with a Brewers Best English Brown Ale ingredients kit. I brewed my first batch yesterday. I checked it tonight and the airlock bubbles about every three seconds. Hope I did everything right. Hope to brew another batch ASAP. The Brewers Best ingredients kit came with simple instructions that made things easy. I think I'll try another one. What brewers best kits do you like? Thanks

Enjoy!

Quick word of advice on the BB directions: Let it sit for 3 weeks in your fermenter (secondary not required), then bottle, then sit for 3 more before cracking them open.

If you can actually pull that off, you'll be a saint for the patience, but you'll have better beer in the long run.

The kits tend to give directions to "rush" through the process.

More practically- start another batch ASAP. You'll lose patience and drink it early, but with a constant supply in your pipeline, it gets easier to wait the right amount of time.

It's easier to be patient when you have 15 gallons in the fermenters, and another 150 bottles at various stages of aging.

Latest posts

Back