Hangover

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grasshopper1917

Reaction score
Ive never been one to get a hangover - but I found that since I started brewing my own beer I usually wake up with a slight hangover after drinking the home brew - is there a reason for this and is there anyway to avoid it?

Check out your ferment temps, like BM said, there should be less fusels in the beer and the vitamin b helps your body fight the dehydration.

I mention the temps because if you ferment too high then it can lead to more fusels that you don't want in the beer.

Cheers

BierMuncher said:
Don't stop drinking. ;)

Seriously. My hangovers STOPPED when I switched to HB. More vitamin B12, less fusel alcohol than commercial beers, etc...

Ditto. I can be kneewalking at 11pm and chipper again at 8am.

I've never had a hangover from homebrew but I've noticed that I get wicked hangovers from wine and/or commercial beers. The older I get, the worse it gets. If I drink too much commercial beer, I'm useless the next day. If I drink three glasses of wine, I pay for hit the next day.

so, the point is, I can drink as much HB as I want. And I do! The only consequence is that I've gained a little weight.

I've also found that hangovers have all but disappeared for me. Even when I'm going to drink a few commercial beers, I get a couple homebrews in as well just for good measure.

Look at your consumption level as well....sometimes folks go from rarely having beer in the house to having a ready supply and tipping more back (of possibly higher abv beer) per session. Fusels could also be a factor as mentioned if you are fermenting warm.

Back