Haier kegerator as big as it gets in the $600 or so price range?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbehr

Reaction score
It seems this is one of the largest kegerators in this price range? I would really like to be able to hold a tall 1/4 and 2 sixtels or ball/pin locks but I think this is not possible under $1200 or so. Any other solid kegerators I should look at that can hold at least three cornies? Seems the Haier gets solid reviews as we'll.

http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...or/Haier_Cabinet_Triple_Faucet_Kegerator.html

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Check craigslist for people selling off their keezer maybe? Not sure there are any pre-fab consumer-level kegerators that will hold more. You could go commercial but your given budget won't allow for that.

I know you asked about commercial options, but is there any reason you wouldn't want to build your own? You can get a good size freezer, build a collar, and add taps / shanks for less. Tons of writeups available online too. Just a thought

Actually have a chest freezer I was going to use but want the setup under my bar, plans were too involved to have my bar hinge open to access the kegs and have the tower and lid seal properly etc.

It seems most of the Craigslist restaurant bar equip is the long under counter fridges but I'll keep looking!

I have that exact kegerator purchased from beverage factory. I picked it up about 1.5 years ago and its been pretty good so far. If I did it all over (which I have) I built another one from a small chest freezer and an stc1000 to control the temperature. The only issue with the Haier is I had to tweek the thermostat for it to actually cool below 40F but it is easy to do. It may also be a good idea to add a tower cooling fan. Anyway it will hold a 1/2 barrel keg no problem. The only reason I spent that much money on a kegerator is I wanted it in the living room and it had to look good (prerequisite from the wife) so I got the stainless model to match current appliances.

If you are going to have your kegerator in your man cave then save a ton of money and build your own. My second one cost me about $275; I got the freezer for free but had to buy another co2 bottle and regulator for $150 or so. Hope this helps...

Another option is run beer-line from the kegerator to taps on the bar. There's a few threads showing DIY beer line w\ cooling loops, doesn't look too involved. That way, you can put the kegerator out of the way somewhere

I have that exact kegerator purchased from beverage factory. I picked it up about 1.5 years ago and its been pretty good so far. If I did it all over (which I have) I built another one from a small chest freezer and an stc1000 to control the temperature. The only issue with the Haier is I had to tweek the thermostat for it to actually cool below 40F but it is easy to do. It may also be a good idea to add a tower cooling fan. Anyway it will hold a 1/2 barrel keg no problem. The only reason I spent that much money on a kegerator is I wanted it in the living room and it had to look good (prerequisite from the wife) so I got the stainless model to match current appliances.

If you are going to have your kegerator in your man cave then save a ton of money and build your own. My second one cost me about $275; I got the freezer for free but had to buy another co2 bottle and regulator for $150 or so. Hope this helps...

Any chance you could measure the compressor hump for me? I found the interior dimensions are 21.25" wide by 18.75" deep by 29" tall but that doesn't factor in the rear ledge.

I'll take a picture of my bar setup so you folks can see what I'm trying to accomplish and why I kind of threw out the chest freezer idea.

The interior dimension are as follows: 16.25" deep and 21.5" wide. The compressor hump on the rear left sets in 3.75" and is about 11" wide however it tapers from the 3.75" to 0" over the 11"...make sense?...You can see in the attached pics that with a 1/4 barrel sankey there is still a lot of room around it. With the hump in the back I can still fit a full size 1/2 barrel keg so im not too sure what you are worried about. Also the ledge gives you a place to put a 5lb co2 tank. With the tank installed I can also fit a 1/4 barrel & 1/6 barrel keg at the same time. If you wanted to have 3 1/6 barrel kegs you would have to remove the co2 tank.

IMAG0320.jpg

IMAG0322.jpg

Andrew,

Have you ever tried fitting 3 1/6 barrel kegs inside? The only reason I ask is that supposedly the Haier will fit 3 home-brew kegs _with_ the CO2 tank (according to the guys on the phone at Beverage Warehouse), and it looks like the Cornelius kegs are real close to the sixth kegs in size...

I had the same question and they said that three sixtels will not fit..... Even though they are only 1/4 wider than a pin lock.

Thanks for the pics and measurements!! Think I'm gonna grab this one... Wish Beverage Factory had free shipping on this model.

Andrew,

Have you ever tried fitting 3 1/6 barrel kegs inside? The only reason I ask is that supposedly the Haier will fit 3 home-brew kegs _with_ the CO2 tank (according to the guys on the phone at Beverage Warehouse), and it looks like the Cornelius kegs are real close to the sixth kegs in size...

I have never used a corny keg but I believe they are the same size as a 1/6 sankey. I rarely buy kegs of that size and have never had 3 at the same time. I don't think it will fit because of how my regulator is positioned. its possible if I turn the regulator so it runs along the back side of the kegerator that it will fit. But I cant say for sure.

Back