Kegerator Question / Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Psywar

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone!

I have some questions I was hoping someone might be able to help me out with.

I just bought my first kegging/distribution setup.
3 Pin Lock Kegs and a Kegerator from Kegco.
Link Here: http://www.beveragefactory.com/draf...or/Kegco_K309B-3_Triple_Faucet_Kegerator.html

I bought a dual gauge regulator that runs off the CO2 tank so I can supply 2 kegs with 10-12PSI for typical beer.

Then the second regulator I am going to set it much higher. The 3rd keg is going to be Soda Water.

My Kegerator arrived yesterday and I have been tinkering with it trying to get everything setup. I was going to initially put the CO2 with the 3 kegs inside the Kegerator, but with the dual regulator being soo large it fits, but not really well and the kegs if I move them around hits the regulator and will spin the knobs adjusting the PSI. It's a tight fit.

So now I was thinking of just running the CO2 tank on the back of the Kegerator since it came with a place to put it. My only problem is the Kegerator only has one hole on the back for a single line to run into it.

I need two lines to run in right? One at beer pressure and one at soda water pressure?

Is there any way around this without drilling a new hole?

I might have to drill a new hole anyways because I bought a tower cooler and the power plug for it is going to need to run out of it anyways. However, I was thinking I might try and put both the power line and the CO2 line through the same hole. The power line is very skinny.

Thoughts?

I do have a couple other questions:
The liquid lines running to the tap seem to be about 4ft long. 3/16 ID x 7/16 OD. If I am running a tower chiller do you think I am going to have foaming issues with such short lines?
I was reading for a good pour you want something between 5-10ft.
On the longer end if you do a commercial keg. Which I do plan on running Commercial at times.
I went with the standard Perlick SS faucet. Nothing fancy. No flow control. No auto close.

Then my final question is any thoughts on Soda Water PSI for the Keg?

Thank you guys for taking the time to read and reply.

-Chuck

Chuck,

If there's no room for a second line, could you run a single line off of a CO2 bottle at soda water pressure into the fridge. Then split that single line with a Y inside the fridge. One branch of the Y goes to the soda water keg and the other goes to the second regulator set to beer pressure.

I haven't done that myself, but given the right fittings, it seems like it would work. I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in.

Good luck!

Thank you!

I am looking into this option. I did not realize they made a secondary type regulator that has barb fittings.
I think this will be the route I go I just need to figure out what fittings and how many I am going to need to pull this off.

Thank you!

I am looking into this option. I did not realize they made a secondary type regulator that has barb fittings.
I think this will be the route I go I just need to figure out what fittings and how many I am going to need to pull this off.
Hi. Have a look where you bought your stuff. Beverage Factory has secondary regulators with barbed fittings that might fit your needs. If you're creative, you can reduce the number of barbs by attaching the secondary directly to the Wye, and have the other leg go to the Soda water keg. Ed
:mug:

Back