Haier 4.2cu minifridge into kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You should be able to convert that just fine, Im getting done with a similar fridge right now, I would try for ball locks instead of pin but both will fit. For the light and thermostat you might have to relocate it up a little to fit the keg in but should be fine. Check out my kegerator build thread and you can see what I did to fit two pin locks. Ball locks will be easier, will still probably have to trim the sides but probably not the back.

Adeering said:
You should be able to convert that just fine, Im getting done with a similar fridge right now, I would try for ball locks instead of pin but both will fit. For the light and thermostat you might have to relocate it up a little to fit the keg in but should be fine. Check out my kegerator build thread and you can see what I did to fit two pin locks. Ball locks will be easier, will still probably have to trim the sides but probably not the back.

Were you able to squeeze two cornies in there? I thought I read somewhere that you need at least 4.5cu to fit two in. I could always keep the CO2 on the outside.

If I use an eBay temp controller can I just bypass the thermostat ?

Thanks!

mdineenwob said:
Were you able to squeeze two cornies in there? I thought I read somewhere that you need at least 4.5cu to fit two in. I could always keep the CO2 on the outside.

If I use an eBay temp controller can I just bypass the thermostat ?

Thanks!

I'm starting the build and two cornys won't fit into the fridge. Can I add a collar on the front of the minifridge? I've searched the site and can't find anyone that has done that.

PS - Sorry to bring an old thread back to life.

I'm starting the build and two cornys won't fit into the fridge. Can I add a collar on the front of the minifridge? I've searched the site and can't find anyone that has done that.

PS - Sorry to bring an old thread back to life.

Two kegs will fit in this fridge.
You will need to remove the door shelving and relocate the light/thermostat.
CO2 will be on the outside.

Link
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/kegerator-project-haier-hrq04wnaww-43664/

Another cool feature is you can drill just about anywhere on these.

I have the same fridge, but only have one corny and tap at the moment.

1_2012-02-25-10.19.24.jpg

1_2012-02-25-10.19.40.jpg

Two kegs will fit in this fridge.
You will need to remove the door shelving and relocate the light/thermostat.
CO2 will be on the outside.

Link
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/kegerator-project-haier-hrq04wnaww-43664/

Another cool feature is you can drill just about anywhere on these.

I have the same fridge, but only have one corny and tap at the moment.

Good stuff man!

Not trying to question your judgement but are you sure both will fit in there? I cut two 8.5" diameter circles out of paper and they didn't fit.

Good stuff man!

Not trying to question your judgement but are you sure both will fit in there? I cut two 8.5" diameter circles out of paper and they didn't fit.

Since the original poster of the link I attached did not show a final inside pic, and I do not have a second corny, I did the best I could with a cardboard trace and measuring tape.

The second keg will hang over the inside by 3/8 of an inch.
If you remove all the plastic from the from the door, there is 1/2 inch of space from the seal to the door.

It's tight, but looks like you have and 8th of inch left :)

1_2012-02-28-22.11.40---Cop.jpg

1_2012-02-28-22.11.24---Cop.jpg

To answer your other question; Yes you can add a collar to a mini fridge.
the problem is you do not have gravity to help like a keezer build.
The collar needs to be attached to the fridge, and you need magnet to metal on the door.

You could use a few pieces of metal with wood screws on one side, and sheet metal screws on the other to hold the collar in place (might be unsightly though).
Then glue strips of metal to the outer edge of the collar so the door magnets will keep it closed.

vbrew said:
Since the original poster of the link I attached did not show a final inside pic, and I do not have a second corny, I did the best I could with a cardboard trace and measuring tape.

The second keg will hang over the inside by 3/8 of an inch.
If you remove all the plastic from the from the door, there is 1/2 inch of space from the seal to the door.

It's tight, but looks like you have and 8th of inch left :)

Tight is how I like it :)

Thanks for the effort. It is much appreciated!!

You can fit two kegs, I fit two pin lock kegs (which are the wide ones) in mine which is a similar size. You might have to do some trimming though. Also you can usually fit a 5 lb CO2 on the compressor hump just fine, thats what im doing.

You should be pretty set with what you listed. Don't forget keg lube.

If you don't need the pick nick taps from the kit, send Keg Connection an email and see if you can upgrade them to the tower. They are awesome to deal with, and will help you with any way they can.

You should be pretty set with what you listed. Don't forget keg lube.

If you don't need the pick nick taps from the kit, send Keg Connection an email and see if you can upgrade them to the tower. They are awesome to deal with, and will help you with any way they can.

Thanks. I emailed them about the picnic taps.

Thanks again!

Back