Guinness setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hbohnet

Reaction score
I am new to kegging and recently purchased some used guinness equipment off a lady who was cleaning out her garage, apparently it was her husbands. It's a cooler arangement which I assume you fill with ice to cool the guinness as it is being poured. The majority of the stainless coils are 3/8" tubing but the last 10 coils before the spout are reduced to 1/4". Can anyone tell me why this is being done? Does guinness require more restriction in the line so gas pressure can be increased?? I would like to use one side on beer gas for stouts and the other on CO2 but think that pressure would need to be high and could pose a problem for the CO2. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks

photo (1).JPG

photo (2).JPG

If I had to guess, it looks like some rigging. Like maybe, the shanks he had took 1/4", but the tubing he had was 3/8. So, he just used a reducing coupling and a short piece of 1/4" to get the job done. I wouldn't sweat it. Just my 2 cents. :tank:

Back