Guinness Nitro IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly2378

Reaction score
Anybody tried it? I don't even know if it's available around here yet (my guess is "no", since very little is available around here), but I've seen ads for it. I'm cautiously intrigued.

Haven't seen it, but not excited. All the nitro IPA's I've tried have been pretty disappointing. That nitro creaminess just doesn't have the same appeal in an style that is supposed to be crisp.

I bought a six pack and drank it all in one night. It was great! I reminded me of an English IPA on a beer engine. I bought more.

I tried it. I thought it was like a Guinness "lite", really didn't remind me of an IPA. I tasted zero hops. It was a smooth creamy nitro beer, almost like a black and tan, so therefore enjoyable, but I don't know why they called it an IPA. It misses the mark on that particular style.

Will I drink the rest? YES.
Will I drink them when I want a real IPA? NO.

Boddington's with a super mild mosiac dry hop. I'd guess it's 35 IBU tops. I've had several IPA's on nitro and they can be a lot of fun, but I feel nitro strips some aroma due to the big creamy head. On a beer that is low hop already, there's just not much going on.

Nitro Blonde maybe.

I tried it. I thought it was like a Guinness "lite", really didn't remind me of an IPA. I tasted zero hops. It was a smooth creamy nitro beer, almost like a black and tan, so therefore enjoyable, but I don't know why they called it an IPA. It misses the mark on that particular style.

Will I drink the rest? YES.
Will I drink them when I want a real IPA? NO.

This is pretty much how I feel about this beer. I was surprised to take my first drink and got almost no hop character from the beer. I knew it would be different being a nitro, but they call it an "IPA", so I expected it to resemble one. I will finish the other 5 eventually.

I've noticed on my own dry-hopped IPAs, that when I get a nice foam head on my beer if I pour a little fast, and I take a bite of it like ice cream, I get a big hop flavor. And after I finish the beer, I still have that bitter hops flavor on my lips.

Huh, I may have to try this. I do really like IPAs on nitro. The best Ive ever had was Sculpin and Grapefruit Sculpin on nitro. The grapefruit was so awesome with some of the hop harshness gone from the nitro

I've never enjoyed a beer on nitro that wasn't a dry stout. IPAs? Bleh. Big stouts? Boring (seriously, Ol Rasputin one of my favorite beers but on nitro it's just so muted).

This is pretty much how I feel about this beer. I was surprised to take my first drink and got almost no hop character from the beer. I knew it would be different being a nitro, but they call it an "IPA", so I expected it to resemble one. I will finish the other 5 eventually.

I had it and was very curious about the nitro widget. The beer was ok, I third the sentiment above. The novelty of it was really cool, but now that I know the widget is there, I'll probably just buy regular Guinness and not the "IPA".

I have 4 left from the 6 pack. Definitely unimpressed. The beer lacks in any hop flavor. The nitro seems to make it to hard to drink.

I saw this beer at raleys today for the first time and a Guinness IPA just gave me a weird vibe. Especially since their branch out to a lager didn't really inspire me when I tried one. Guinness is suppose to be just Guinness to me, it's kind of hard to live up to the real thing. I'm the same way with SNPA and all the other beers they try and come out with. Thanks for confirming my inner beer voice.

I actually really enjoy it! It has some bitterness to it ( slightly more or less pale ale status ) but that nitro was amazing for the style! It seriously makes me want all beers on nitro.

I used to say that I love IPAs on nitro. So I was very excited to try this. My friend who also likes nitro'd IPAs bought a six pack that we sampled.

Now I say that I love good IPAs on nitro.

This beer is crap. Will not buy again.

Back