Guinness faucet questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlatcapBrew

Reaction score
I am buying a guinness faucet off ebay and am wondering if the handle unscrews or comes off, it seems thicker at the base than the regular stout faucets and im wondering if you can put other handles onto the guinness faucets? thanks in advance:mug:

ive been told no however i have never messed with a guinness faucet so i cant say from personal experience.

I've got one as well, just got it actually. The handle is definitely different. I see the other (non guinness branded) stout faucets have an extra piece at the top which allows for a normal screw on handle. I am thinking that if we could get ahold of whatever that piece is called (anybody?) we could add it to our guinness stout faucets, and be able to use any handle we want. The Guinness handle is nice (mine broke during shipping...Ive been glueing/puttying/sanding/painting it back together, since I got it off craigslist), but a little big for my taste.

If anyone has any info, I'd love to hear it!

The guinness faucet handles are different, (currently) they have a large ceramic handle glued and screwed onto the metal base, which is needed to lift the plunger assembly for pouring. That being said, I have cut the ceramic top off of 2 of these, then taken the base to the drill press in order to drill and tap standard 3/8 16 threads, then I installed a stud. Maybe too much work for some but I got both of these faucets for around $30 each which was a good deal for me opposed to the $100 that most of them go for.
A band saw made quick work of the tap handle. The first one I broke, the second one is ok but I don't know what I'll do with it. Here is a pic using shift knobs for tap handles.
IMG_35521.jpg

cyberpacker, you are the man. That is exactly what us with guinness faucets was looking for. Cheers!

Has anyone been successful with the micromatic parts conversion because they just told me that it won't work.

They worked for me, but that had been 5+ years since I did it; that said, the link seems to be the same, and I do not know why they would not work.

Latest posts

Back