Growler bombs! :::pics:::

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fretsforlife

Reaction score
A while back I made a Winter Warmer to take up north for the holidays. It called to bottle with blackstrap molasses, and it came out great. It wasn't over carbed or anything, but I think the 900 mile trunk ride (up and back), and the freezing temperatures may have contributed to this. After about a week of warming back up, a growler and 2 12oz bottles exploded all over my carpet and walls.

securedownload-1.jpg

securedownload-2.jpg

securedownload-3.jpg

Whenever I've heard the words "bottle bomb", I've always thought there was shrapnel all over the place like a hand grenade. Im just glad the bottoms broke off instead of having a zillion glass pieces to pick out of the carpet.

Now its off to rent a carpet steamer. Why couldnt this have happened with a simple wheat beer instead of an almost black beer?!
securedownload.jpg

Use a regular solution oxyclean in the steam cleaner rather then the expensive stuff you buy. That will come right up. Trust me, we had endless beer spills at my old apartment on white carpet that we never bothered to clean. Even ones that were crusted for months came up.

Oxyclean even saved my strawberry avalanche out of the carpet (exploded secondary).

Recusit8m - I know man, I love BBC. I grew up in Easthampton, MA and make sure to bring back several growlers full whenever i go up there.

Mosquito - you're a life saver, thanks!

Back