Growing a Literal Beer Garden

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zuljin

I come from the water
HBT Supporter
Reaction score

I have The Drunken Botanist and The Homebrewer's Garden books. So many brewing plants to grow, aside from grain and hops. A lot of them are herbs. Fruits, too, of course.

My blackberry bush and mulberry tree are coming into their second year. I'll grow hops again this year.

Right now, I'm deciding if I want to devote the rest of my garden space to vegetables, all peanuts, or grow a literal beer garden. It won't be grain, though. The whole yard would have to be grain for that to be worth it.

What would you grow if you were growing a beer garden?

I have a small "beer garden" that I plan to expand when I get home from Afghanistan in the spring. Right now I have blueberries, guava, and about a dozen hop bines.

In the past I’ve grown cilantro/corriander that I used in a blue moon clone. Also rosemary that I added to an IPA. I want to try those again, maybe some other herbs just not sure what. Also want to expand my hops area, just have one cascade and one goldings. Was thinking another cascade and maybe some hallertau. Looking into blueberries and blackberries.

We’re actually talking about putting in a beer garden too. Aside from the hops and berries, we’re looking at lavender, chamomile, a hefty variety of mint, ginger, rosemary, sage, and hibiscus, for starters.

I have The Drunken Botanist and The Homebrewer's Garden books. So many brewing plants to grow, aside from grain and hops. A lot of them are herbs. Fruits, too, of course.

My blackberry bush and mulberry tree are coming into their second year. I'll grow hops again this year.

Right now, I'm deciding if I want to devote the rest of my garden space to vegetables, all peanuts, or grow a literal beer garden. It won't be grain, though. The whole yard would have to be grain for that to be worth it.

What would you grow if you were growing a beer garden?

Habaneros.

Back