Groupon is back at it, $64 for the kit, ingredient kit and a $25 certificate.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rivenin

Reaction score
http://www.groupon.com/deals/dc-ghd...edium=afl&utm_campaign=4169683&utm_source=rvs

thought this would be great in the beginner section for anyone looking at the start of home brewing, but a crap ton cheaper :ban:

During Prohibition, bootleggers made their own booze by burying grapes underground or catching moonbeams in a jar of water. Make alcohol the easy way with today's Groupon: for $64, you get a first-time brewer's package from Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies (up to a $138.80 total value). The package includes:

A brewing essentials equipment kit (a $56.95 value)
A steel bottle opener (a $14.95 value)
Choice of an irish red ale, an autumn amber ale, or an irish stout ingredient kit (up to a $27.99 value)
An instructional DVD (a $4.95 value)
A $25 gift certificate for a second batch

A $12 shipping fee is not included in the price of this Groupon.

The hops hobbyists at Midwest Homebrewing and Winemaking Supplies provide equipment and encouragement to aspiring beverage crafters nationwide. Unlike puzzle-piece-of-the-month clubs, the brewing essentials equipment kit provides everything a first-time brewer needs in one handy package, except for bottles and the brew kettle itself. Ingredient kits yield 5-gallon liquid harvests in flavors such as irish red ale, a richly colored, aromatic quaff popular among home brewers and discerning drinkers. Autumn amber ale provides a roasty seasonal sip, and irish stout sports a rich bittersweet brew topped with a creamy head. Whatever the favored flavor, Midwest's premium ingredients and handy 90-minute how-to DVD help to make consistent batches each time, aiding neophyte brewers in avoiding the embarrassment of turning out a spicy pilsner or bacon-flavored lager. Suds designers can continue to hone their skills by using the $25 gift certificate for the next ingredient kit.

This is how i started, beer brewing is addictive and fun. Good deal here

I looked at this post a few days ago. Thought to myself, "nah... it can wait. I'll play with my Mr Beer for a few more batches before I buy a starter kit" Went to a get-together with some experienced home brewers this afternoon. Talked about making beer for a few hours, and watched them start a few different batches (all-grain and extract/grain). Ordered the group-on deal as soon as I got home.

dmoore714 said:
I looked at this post a few days ago. Thought to myself, "nah... it can wait. I'll play with my Mr Beer for a few more batches before I buy a starter kit" Went to a get-together with some experienced home brewers this afternoon. Talked about making beer for a few hours, and watched them start a few different batches (all-grain and extract/grain). Ordered the group-on deal as soon as I got home.

Grats! It'll be a huge improvement. Keep the Mr beer fermenter around for smaller batches though

Back