Group grain buy for Bucks - Montco - Philly area

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

natural320

Reaction score
Hey guys!
a friend of mine has opened a LHBS (in New York), and has offered a bulk grain buy that can be drop shipped out this way that he facilitates through his supplier. we would have to fill the order in pallet increments (of whatever grains we want of course) to get the best rates on shipping, but we could do a partial if needed. I would want this to go down ASAP so we can get to brewin'!

here are the prices offered (all malt is from Great Western unless otherwise noted)
2-Row - $39
Pale - $35
Wheat - $37
Vienna - $42
Munich - $38
C 15/30/40/60/75/150 - all are $51

Canadian Malting Pilsen - $40
Baird Marris Otter - $48

These prices do not contain the shipping fee, but I feel that it is a safe bet that there would be a $4-6 per bag addition. Once we get the number of sacks finalized, we will get the shipping quote, and then have everyone's grand total PM'd to them.

as far as payment, I will see if we can pay the LHBS directly via credit card, otherwise I would say a money order or cash in person PRIOR to the actual ordering of the grains will be the way to go here.

speaking of "in person", I work in Trevose (Mon - Fri), and live in Warminster, so it wouldn't be super difficult to meet up with me for payment purposes (at least IMO!)...and then I will send the funds. Like the other group buys, I stand to make nothing off of this; I just want grain at less than a buck a pound!

the actual location of the shipment/pickup is still TBD, but I would assume Warminster would be the place.

so please PM me or respond here and let's see what we can put together!

I work in Warmister, count me in!

1 x 2-row
1 x Canadian Malting Pilsen

that would depend on the success (or lack thereof) of this round...

and we haven't exactly hit the ground running so far! plus I want to brew, like...soon, so if this doesn't magically take off by next week, I'll pull the plug and we can re-visit in a month or 2.

Just a heads up, but Homestead Product Supply in Quakertown has prices on par with this if you're ever nearby. I realize fuel costs might be an issue for some, but I thought it was worth a mention.

I've been buying sacks of Great Western there for a few months now, place is legit. He's closed on Monday's though, FYI.

Just a heads up, but Homestead Product Supply in Quakertown has prices on par with this if you're ever nearby. I realize fuel costs might be an issue for some, but I thought it was worth a mention.

I've been buying sacks of Great Western there for a few months now, place is legit. He's closed on Monday's though, FYI.

I've passed by that place a few times but didn't even know they sold homebrew supplies. How much are their sacks of GW 2-Row if you don't mind me asking?

I've passed by that place a few times but didn't even know they sold homebrew supplies. How much are their sacks of GW 2-Row if you don't mind me asking?

As of 2 mos ago, they were $45 plus tax. I'm stopping by on Tuesday, so I can confirm after that if the price is the same.

Update.

He generally has 15 sacks in stock on any given day. He switched from GW to Canada Malting Co. due to price increase.

Same price for 25kg, 44.99 +tax.

Apparently his phone has been ringing off the hook lately, people calling about sacks of 2-row. :D

Very nice, I hope you all find what you are looking for.

ok guys, let's keep this potential grain buy open, but back the time frame up to the fall (maybe late Sept/early Oct?). I just went out and bought enough grain to last a few batches, but I know that I would still like to do this moving forward. tell your friends!

or just drive to Q-town and say screw this ;-)

Latest posts

Back