Group buy for Used 5 Gallon Ball Lock Kegs $25

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Me too!
"I know it says to not PM you about a round 3, but if anyone that is on the list "drops" out, I would be glad to fill in for them. I would need 2 five gallon ball locks. Thanks."

That was me :) I rock

I wont PM you about a round 3, but if you believe the place you got those from still has some, and is willing to sell, I'll drive over and deal directly with them on a sale, and drop you off a couple free on my way back as a thank you.

I'm gonna do a back flip if the one's I get look as good as those two. I've bought some kegs online that have showed up looking like golf balls and covered in glue.

I have the remaining kegs in my car, I will see how many I can get boxed up and shipped today.

according to my spreadsheet I have 16 left to ship. now its just a matter of finding boxes and getting them shipped out.

-=jason=-

My kegs magically appeared on my front door this morning from phoenix, been checking it all week, and they never updated, but i'm still hoping it was magic :drunk:

Yeah mine still say they're in AZ. I don't put too much faith in the tracking system except for the estimated date, because that's ussually right. I can't count the number of packages I've gotten where the tracking info said they were still hundreds of miles away.

ok I have two spots left to ship today so these are 2 keg orders already boxed up and just need shipping labels attached.

jeffmeh
cincybrewer
jakecpunut
Krelja
strat_thru_marshall

who wants to get shipped out today?

HoppyGus you should have a tracking number already.
-=Jason=-

ok I have two spots left to ship today so these are 2 keg orders already boxed up and just need shipping labels attached.

jeffmeh
cincybrewer
jakecpunut
Krelja
strat_thru_marshall

-=Jason=-

I am in no hurry, so I defer.

UPS ususally doesn't get it here the day after it gets to Greensboro. It'll make it to Raleigh tomorrow and then go out for delivery Wednesday. Or at least, that's how it usually goes.

You're totally right. I am so deflated right now. On the bright side, I will be taking a sample of my brew today, and will get to taste it! woot! :mug:
</offtopic>

jeffmeh
cincybrewer
jakecpunut
Krelja
strat_thru_marshall

-=Jason=-

I'll take them only if the others don't need them as I'm not in a hurry either.

Just a question, I missed this round :(

How did you pull this off? I would be very interested in knowing the source/method if you don't mind sharing....after all you said you're not doing it again.

:mug:

method =
Find some one selling a "lot" of kegs for a good deal.
make post here on HBT and offer good deal to HBT members
drive 400 miles total and 8 hours of your own time and gas
box and ship out all kegs
???????
profit...not so much

my suggestion is to call around to beverage distributing outfits. find out what the local bar or restaurant uses for their beverage soda. call that company up and see if they have any for sale.

-=jason=-

3 minutes ago mine were scanned as arrived in Sacramento. I really haven't been checking every few minutes... :rolleyes: They're on the home stretch now!

hopefully I can get the last few sent out today. just a matter of getting boxes.

@AZ_IPA I will be in Phx on Weds 23rd of this month. I Fly out to Texas on Tues and Fly back weds. I could drop them off some there that day. just let me know.

-=Jason=-

Well after a 15 hour day at work, i come home and there is a box carrying 4 beautiful kegs! Thanks Jason, you are officially in my homebrewers hall of fame!

Well after a 15 hour day at work, i come home and there is a box carrying 4 beautiful kegs! Thanks Jason, you are officially in my homebrewers hall of fame!

Yup. I thought it wouldn't arrive until tomorrow, but my tracking number shows that the thing arrived in Raleigh in the middle of the night and is "out for delivery" right now. It should be waiting for me when I get home.

You rock, Jason!

Man that's so weird. My tracking number still says that they're in Arizona, but that they're on time to be here tomorrow.

I wonder if this crazy Weather has UPS all messed up on the tracking number system.

-=Jason=-

My first shipment left Buffalo this morning, for delivery tomorrow.

I wasn't able to take part in this great offer. It was great that the OP was able to save people money and supply all those kegs.

Since there are no more kegs available and the OP keeps getting questions about more kegs, I think we should let this thread die out and not keep having people ask the OP for more kegs.

I know, I know me posting this moves the thread back up but I think if we all stop posting on it, the thread will move down and the OP will hopefully stop getting PMs and emails for more kegs. Seeing as he wrote in big red letters that he is out and no more will be coming.

Just a thought

H22lude, I have 5 more HBT members kegs to ship out. once thats done I doubt it will be getting bumped again.

-=jason=-

H22lude, I have 5 more HBT members kegs to ship out. once thats done I doubt it will be getting bumped again.

-=jason=-

I thought about shipping after I posted it.

I was just trying to stop the PMs and emails going to you. I can only imagine hoe many you got and keep on getting from people that don't read.

Latest posts

Back