Ground Position, Please verify

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidbait

Reaction score
Will someone please verify that my planned ground position is OK? The threads on the element are heavily wound in teflon tape, and I have a rubber washer on the outside and inside, so there is no contact to the kettle. Is this OK?

Trying not to kill myself, and can seem to find the answer on my own. I will be plugged into a GFCI.

Ground.Spot.jpg

By the way, I was thinking I would have to remove the outside washer for the ground to be proper. Not familiar with electrical, but good at following directions!

How do you intend to ground it? Drilling a hole into it, or soldering or...? Either way, if there's no connection between the element and the kettle / back box, you're going to want to bond all of them together so you don't run the risk of any one part being ungrounded.

How do you intend to ground it? Drilling a hole into it, or soldering or...? Either way, if there's no connection between the element and the kettle / back box, you're going to want to bond all of them together so you don't run the risk of any one part being ungrounded.

Thanks for the reply. The Hex portion of the element is now flush against the kettle, this should be a solid connection. I drilled a hole in the Hex portion and attached the ground wire to a screw that is in that hole. See attached picture, hopefully I am good now.

Ground2.jpg

Latest posts

Back