Groomsmen Gifts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BertusBrew

Reaction score
I'm getting married in a few months and I need to get my groomsmen gifts for standing up in my wedding. Does anybody have any suggestions? I do not want to get them a crappy flask or mug with their name on it, I have stood up in many weddings and I have a shelf full of personalized crap that I never use. Plus they are mostly BMC drinkers so putting together a nice beer package is not the way to go either. I'm looking to spend around $50-75 per person, anybody have any suggestions?

I tried for months to come up with something for mine but couldn't come up with anything good for something I could afford. I ended up going with the engraved mugs. I did get a really nice watch storage case for my best man though.

Sorry, guess I'm not much help really.

The coolest thing I ever got for being in a wedding was a basket full of barbecue stuff. Seasonings, sauces, and a great bbq tool set. The spatula had a beer opener built in!

If you're all local, you could get one big order from Omaha steaks and split it.

B

I actually like the engraved flask I got for being a groomsman in my friend's wedding several years ago. It was a very nice one, not a cheap-o mall engraving shop one.

But if they've been in several weddings like you, you don't want a duplicate groomsman gift.

I like the Omaha Steaks idea. Maybe with an engraved BBQ spatula?

I brewed beer for mine. In retrospect I wish I had done something nicer, but we were married young and I was broke after that ring haha

I got my groomsmen engraved Zippo lighters. If your friends are into cigars, you could add a nice cutter with the lighter.

If you do steaks, throw in a branding iron for their initials, or something similarly personalized (college logo, etc)... Branding irons can be fun and provide something they might pull out for the occasional grilling party.

I did personalized bottle openers (nice heavy stainless) and coozies with our wedding details

My groomsmen were my younger brother and BIL and best college buddy. All were kinda strapped for cash so I bought their tuxes for them. Maybe not a lasting gift, but I always thought it silly that you ask people to be in your wedding and ask them to shell out $150 per tux.

They all appreciated it versus some silly token that gets shoved in a box.

I got mine shirts and ties to wear in the weddings. Everyone still wears the shirts and ties, my little brother had his job interview in the set... Power TIE!

That said, with me being cheap...

My little brother gave us flasks with a sight glass on them. There is a picture with all the flasks in a drawer at the church with the windows all facing up. It was pretty neat since most had Jameson's in it but the close families' had Maker's...

We also drank for free at the reception so he wins out on the gifts but his bride was the only girl in the family... They pulled out a lot of stops.

I really liked the VERY large mug that I got from a friend. Well, that is until I filled it up and drank it a couple of times at the reception... Worst night ever!

LOL! My first bad drunk. The repeated dollar dance Apple Pucker and SOCO didn't help.

At least it will be a night I'll never forget!

I actually like the engraved flask I got for being a groomsman in my friend's wedding several years ago. It was a very nice one, not a cheap-o mall engraving shop one.

This, it's come in handy on more than one occasion.
But whatever you decide, it needs to be nice. No matter how much you like someone, being in their wedding sucks sweaty balls.

_

I was actually just thinking about what to get my groomsmen today! I really don't want to do one of the stereotypical gift giving Ideas so I have decided Im going to get something tailored to each groomsmen. One likes golf so I might get him a certificate for a round at the place he goes to, the other is a big yankees fan so might get him some memorabilia or collectible, another is a big wine fan etc.

I had also heard of some interesting gifts like certificates to someones favorite fast food place (my best man loves taco bell and I plan to get him some TB dollars to go with his gift). Another friend was just in a wedding and received a hatchet! Not something he will probably use often but its cool.

I am going to avoid engraving in case the person doesn't like it and wants to resell or something. Another idea, if you have a brewery name/logo for your homebrew you could make some pint glasses with that on it and give it to them.

What about a Leatherman? More useful than a flask or an engraved mug. Pretty sure you can get them engraved. I use mine all the time.

I really like the pocket knife idea. I was going to get my guys these caribiner pocket watches, but I had 3 really different styles amongst my guys so it was hard to find something they'd all like. I ended up giving them each a bottle of Captains Private Stock.

/Subscribed. I'm actually looking online for ideas right now as well. I've got until October though =)

i've received a small leatherman before and thought that was a cool gift. i got all my groomsmen nice badger hair shaving brushes, a puck of shaving soap, and a mug to work up a lather in with their initial on it (i don't think any of them use it).

I did the pocket knife thing. Spent the money on the knives instead of the engraving since I'd rather have a great unpersonalized knife than an OK personalized knife. It's a little out of the range you specified (OK a lot out of the range) but they are excellent knives, very sharp with great steel and will last forever. Your groomsmen will give these knives to their grandsons.

http://www.knifesupply.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=FNTK3TW

FNTK3TW_fallkniven_tre_kronr_tiger_wood_knife.jpg

Back