Grolsh style bottles - Creative labeling ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tribe Fan

Reaction score
I have a ton of ez cap bottles that are getting some regular rotation. The creativity of this place never ceases to amaze.

What creative labeling have you done with with these bottles. I am tired of printing labels to then peel them off a few weeks later. Presentation is always nice, but functionality is key. Need to label/mark/identify them with style, dates and ABV.

Thanks!

Thats a great idea! I keg now but still bottle a few of each batch and just use painters masking tape and the initials of the beer in sharpie. Does the trick but sometimes I have to really think what those initials meant lol

Not sure I can take full credit. I think I got the idea from someone here, can't remember exactly.

I use similar stickers, but I've never considered printing the label. That's so much better than trying to remember what RCC12 means.

Excellent, thanks. I've already used the Avery website to print my peel and stick and peel off and try to restick and peel off again........labels.

Cheers!

Excellent, thanks. I've already used the Avery website to print my peel and stick and peel off and try to restick and peel off again........labels.

Cheers!

another vote for Avery circle labels. Works great especially if you bottle a lot (I don't do a lot of bottling any more though). But if the label gets wet, it can "erase" it - so still write something like "IPA" underneath the label, before sticking it on.

DSC02135.JPG

Here is what I do. It's pretty spartan, but works. I use the Avery dot labels, and you can use their website to set up the templates to print.
Are you using the 3/4" labels (24 on a 4x6 sheet?) I measured my Grolsch bottle caps and they're about 1" in diameter, so I figured the 3/4" should fit just like your example. Thanks, Ed
:mug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, 3/4" label no 5474. Years ago I needed some and could only find a pack with 1004. They should last a while.

Back