Greetings from Toronto, Canada

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philsc

Reaction score
Hello Brewers,
I'm new to this forum and, until two weeks ago, had no idea what home brewing was.

Since then, I've been all over the internet and round the hardware stores. I now have a kit for a 1 gallon all grain stove top mash and a few kilograms of grains but no stinking mill, and my home brew store doesn't mill. That was the end of my home brewing career

Came across the thread that describes in wonderful detail how to make a grain mill out of a pasta maker. The brew's back on. Thanks guys, you lot are geniuses.

I'm a big fan of mild, porter, stout and brown ale, though somewhere down the line I'd like to do a proper lambic; I tasted it in Belgium and thought it was wild and don't fancy the airfare to try it again. I've never tried an altbier, so that's on the to do list.

But before all that I'm going to do a British ale.

I'll let you know how it goes.
Once again, thanks for the tips on grain mills.
Phil

Welcome aboard, Phil. Click on the 'groups' link above and join the Canadian Brewers group. You'll find people in your area that can help you source materials. You never know, you might even find a brew buddy.

Welcome fellow Canuck! Best of luck with that first AG brew. Don't hesitate to ask for help or advice -- lots of both can be found here.

:mug:

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I just swiped a Bay gift card out of my wife's purse and am off to look for a pasta roller. If they don't have a fair priced one, I'm going to get the $20 one from Sears.

I came at this hobby at breakneck speed. It wasn't until I'd modified the beverage cooler into a mash/lauter tun and had $20 worth of grain in the fridge that I checked out what this 'extract' was. Sounds a good deal easier than all grain. I should have done that first.

Soon as I hit problems, I'll be on here whining for advice and comfort.

To tell ya the truth I'm a bit jealous that you are starting off on all grain... I'm still an extract brewer myself due to the initial cost of equipment and time constraints..... welcome aboard!

Back