Greetings from the land of the governator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill

Reaction score
Beginning brewer here in Sacramento, CA

I am sooo glad I found this place.

Many thanks to all who have posted and helped out beginners like me.

Hi there Bill.
I'm in Sacto too (but not for long), there are tons of good resources around here. The best LHBS around is the Folsom Brewmeister (IMHO). A guy name Eric owns it and he is a real nice guy and very knowledgeable. Drop me a line anytime. You might also want to check out the local homebrew club. www.goldcountrybrewers.org (website sucks, but the guys are pretty cool)

Thank you.

the only LHBS i've been to is Original Home Brew Outlet. It seems o.k.
I will have to check out the one in folsom.

Another one of my humble opinions but The Homebrew Outlet sucks @$$. The guy that owns it isn't very friendly and doesn't help much at all. The Brewmeister is way better. There used to be another place by Folsom and 16, but it shut down.
Sudwerk is actually not in Sac anymore, I think it burnt down, but they have a place in Davis or Roseville or something.
You're right about Rubicon though, you can't beat their IPA! Thats actually where I go harvest my yeast from.

Back