Greetings from the Deep South!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J_to_the_B

Reaction score
Greetings all,

My name's JB and I'm making my initial foray into homebrewing in the great state of Mississippi.... where homebrewing is still technically illegal unfortunately. Well, I'm actually moving back to Mississippi later in the year and I'll be starting out back in my current location of Georgia until then.

I just got the deluxe kit from Northern Brewer in the mail yesterday, and I can't WAIT to get started on my Brown Ale kit. Tips, tricks, and general advice are welcome!!!:tank:

Welcome to the board! Just curious.. is it one of those that's technically illegal but you can still buy the stuff to do it, and people do, or is it really an enforced law?

@Daybis Actually moving back to my hometown of Hattiesburg. I've been in the Air Force for 6 years now, and it's time to get back home.

@shanecb You are correct, it IS technically illegal (unlike homemade wine for some reason) but it is not generally prosecuted or investigated. There's a great organization called Raise Your Pints Mississippi that is lobbying for a change to that law, as well as a lifting of the 5%ABV cap on commercial brews in the state.

@passedpawn I'll do my best but theres a whole helluvalotta posts on this board!

Thanks for the welcoming guys, sorry it took me a while to get back!:mug:

Back