Greetings from Sunny Colorado

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kchamber78

Reaction score
New brewer here from the foot of Pikes Peak... I have been an avid beer drinker for years and have gone through numerous stages of beer drinking included the Pabst Blue Ribbon era, Ice House era and Whatever Beer They Were Serving Out of the Keg at 5 Bucks A Plastic Cup era... To the beer snob --- "I would NEVER drink that watery crap era" SO -- A homebrew kit was on Craigslist for 40 bucks and I bought it... The sellers "new wife" wanted it out of the house because it was a gift from his "old wife"... My loss... his gain... for the kit not the old wife...

I have made a Pale Ale that I coined Tupelo Honey Pale Ale that was a suprising hit on the first time. I have now started my second batch "Oktoberfest" and screwed it up by not realizing that I was to use a "lagering" process. Anyways... Thanks for having me - Us Rookies will have plenty of questions to utilize all of your infinate wisdom.

Welcome from another rookie and now transplanted CO native.

Where at the foot of PP are you? I grew up in Green Mountain Falls, went to high school in Manitou Springs, and went to CC for a couple of years before transferring. I miss it out there...

I moved here from CO springs a little over a year ago. I really miss it.

You're lucky to have a few local homebrew shops there.

Darned "new wife" syndrome. But hey, it brought you here! So welcome to the obsession! :mug:

I used My Homebrew Shop most when we were there. They moved to their new location right before we left. The last time I was there it was still a disaster from their move. The owner, Dewayne, was a really nice, helpful guy. He had some good plans for his shop/brewery. How's it looking now?

Old West was OK, but kind of small and pricey. I didn't go there much.

I wish I had a LHBS here!

Back