Greetings from Spokane, WA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kosch

Reaction score
Well, I had lurked here for quite awhile, and recently been posting for awhile, figure I should get an introduction in here.

I love to make my own everything as much as I can, so homebrewing really appealed to me. The thought of not just having a kegerator in our pool room, but having my own brew on tap, is something I've wanted to do for a long time.

Went and picked up a "Basic Homebrew Kit" and Muntons Nut Brown Ale from the LHBS back in mid September. Just bottled my 3rd batch, got 5 gallons of Edworts Apfelwein, 3 gallons of Toffee Pear Apple Cider, 3 of JAOM, and 2 variances of Apfelwein (apple cran, apple white grape). 4 empty carboys now (sacrilege!), getting ready to jump into partial mash and also 3 gallons of plum wine.

And I still feel like I'm only getting started!

I've learned a TON from reading here and asking questions here. I've never seen such great folks in a forum (and I've been to a lot).

I'm also into ham radio and RC planes, so I've got my DIY hobbies covered and something for every season!

Thanks for having me!

Kosch

I'm new myself, but for what its worth - welcome!
I live in Bellingham currently, but spent 19 years in Spokane,
Gotta love the semi-arid northwest

Thanks all! Not enjoying the snow right now, but it does make the holidays feel more holiday-like :)

Hi K.. Kind of a do it myselfer too. Like to brew.. but, new at it.. Love to smoke fish n meats.. gotta get into cheeses too. And.. also a HRO.. N6GHG

73, Bill

Hey Bill, good to see another ham on here! I actually want to get into cheeses as well, trying to take it one thing at a time though :) On a side note, just got my yearly reminder for Skywarn Recognition Day, not sure if you ever participate in that, but it's a lot of fun!

Bryan K7WXO

Welcome from Nine Mile Falls!! Do you know about our club here in Spokane? IBU...Inland Brewers Unite.

Well got a bit distracted here with the holiday and all. I had actually just come across the Facebook page that day, looks like a fun group! I unfortunately seem to not have time for clubs right now, but may have to look them up again when I have more free time. I'm curious, does anyone from Jim's participate in the club?

No, no one from Jim's is in it. Matter of fact, most of us have been kind of put off by Jim's and get most of our stuff on line. There's also a new place in CDA called Make Wine Make Beer that a couple guys have gone to.

Our club's very informal. Only a meeting once a month or so. Most of us communicate through face book. It's beginning to get a little more organized though as we grow. We'd love to see you at a get together. Lots of fun talk and good brew.

No, no one from Jim's is in it. Matter of fact, most of us have been kind of put off by Jim's and get most of our stuff on line. There's also a new place in CDA called Make Wine Make Beer that a couple guys have gone to.

Our club's very informal. Only a meeting once a month or so. Most of us communicate through face book. It's beginning to get a little more organized though as we grow. We'd love to see you at a get together. Lots of fun talk and good brew.

Thanks, you actually answered the underlying reason for my question. They've got a few guys there that seem nice enough, but overall my experience hasn't been great. I've been ordering from AHS and NB, and between them and all the fine folks here, I feel much better off.

Well I might just have to find time to make my way to one of your meetings sometime, sounds like a good place to learn from others first hand. In fact, I think I'll go check out the Facebook page again right now :) Thanks for the welcome and the info!

Latest posts

Back