Greetings from SC/NC!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eMDaht

Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Malcolm and I'm from Fort Mill, SC. Right on the edge of the NC/SC state line.

I am currently fermenting my first homebrew! It's a West Coast Style IPA. I've always been interested in brewing but never had the motivation to go get my own equipment. Well, this past Christmas some one bought me a brewing kit and I decided to get the rest of the basic equipment last month and throw together my first brew.

Currently waiting for the West Coast IPA to stop bubbling in the fermenter, which is worrying me a little because it's been fermenting since 4/9, but I did dry hop it in the primary. Heard that it may cause it to bubble for a little longer. I'm not sure, but I'm holding out hope. I've read so much recently that I think everything is wrong with my beer! New brewer woes, I'm guessing, lol. Maybe I'll get few SG readings before the weekend and if it's the same, go ahead and bottle it.

I've been reading up on a lot of things these past two weeks and I wish I would have read up on it first before brewing my current batch, but you live and you learn, right? Then again, I guess I wouldn't have known what to look for if I did....

Anywho, I guess that's enough rambling. I hope to learn a lot on here! I have my next kit coming in the mail today and I'm sure I'll be more meticulous on the process being that I have a better knowledge of brewing now! Hopefully I'll start making my own recipes soon!

-Malc

Welcome to the forum from NC!

Those first beer jitters are terrible aren't they? But nothing beats pouring a pint of your own brew!

They are.... Good thing is that I just took the sg and things seem right on track, so I'm calm and I'm gonna bottle it soon.

Also I think it tastes great selfie flat beer, so I'm happy!

Lol

They are.... Good thing is that I just took the sg and things seem right on track, so I'm calm and I'm gonna bottle it soon.

Also I think it tastes great selfie flat beer, so I'm happy!

Lol

Sounds like you'll be good at the whole RDWHAHB thing. Let those yeasties do their thing and I'm sure it'll turn out great. :ban:

Welcome to the community and obsession from CT! You'll find patience to be the hardest thing with this new hobby! Especially because the end result is delicious homebrew!

:mug:

Back