Greetings from Rochester NY

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnA111

Reaction score
Another Rochester newbie. Have a concocted Porter / Stout (Porter kit plus steeped roasted malt to wort) sitting in the primary right now as my first run. Worried, but relaxing. Fermentation is a bit lame at the 48 hour mark and was wee bit pathetic last night with a 1.5 inch kraeusen that rapidly flattened by morning. Gotta start somewhere though, right?

It doesn't go any lower than Brews(u)ck and that's were I started. "Beer" in a plastic bag.

I'm bumping my intro on the basis of just having become a paying supporter.

I'm not usually too big on dues for internet forums, but out of the 40 or so that I read, this is one of two that I must say have made contributions to my hobbies (the other being motorcycling) in profound ways. I recommend it to every new brewer.

Therefore I say a big thank you to all the members here. With a start of reading Papazian's book, it has been the wealth of knowledge on this forum that has crystallized my understanding of the basics. I look forward to continually enjoying the community of brewers and their wisdom on this site.

Thank you. :mug:

Back