Greetings from Orygun!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BenjaminBier

Reaction score
Hello!
I got a home brew kit for Christmas and I haven't stopped brewing since! Brand new homebrewer out here in the Willamette Valley, Oregon. HUGE fan of german styles as I lived over there for a couple of years.

Since New Years I've brewed up a northwest pale ale, german pilsner, and english bitter. There's alt bier and maerzen in the bottle and edwort's apfelwein in the tank.

Send your German beer suggestions my way!

Welcome. :D

I am with you on the German style brews. I lived in Germany for a little over 3 years and love the beer there.

Awesome to have another PNWer. I just brewed up EdWort's Kölsch awhile ago, and it's in the secondary right now. Really stoked about it.
You didn't say whether you're doing all-grain or extract, but if you're doing AG, might give this one a shot.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/bee-cave-brewery-koelsch-33548/

By the way, whereabouts in Oregon? I grew up in in the Willamette Valley in a town called Lebanon...

Welcome to the the end of life as you know it, you are obsessed and that's ok cause I think we all are here! Happy brewing!

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Welcome. :D

I am with you on the German style brews. I lived in Germany for a little over 3 years and love the beer there.

Did you have a favorite "local" brewery there? I love that in most every little county, sometimes every village, has got its own little brewery that no one outside the area has heard about. My favorite was the "Detmolder" from central Germany.

Awesome to have another PNWer. I just brewed up EdWort's Kölsch awhile ago, and it's in the secondary right now. Really stoked about it.
You didn't say whether you're doing all-grain or extract, but if you're doing AG, might give this one a shot.

Yes! With summer on its way, this would be the perfect time to start a Koelsch!

I brew in my apartment on an electric range - so the leap to all-grain might take me a while. My last brew was a Dunkelweizen using the partial-mash instructions from the beginner's forum. 4 lbs of grains / 4 lbs of extract. Excited!

Did you have a favorite "local" brewery there? I love that in most every little county, sometimes every village, has got its own little brewery that no one outside the area has heard about. My favorite was the "Detmolder" from central Germany.
Here was one of my favorite brewerys to go to: http://kreuzbergbier.de/

My favorite beer over there was Kulmbacher Monchshof.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/bee-cave-brewery-koelsch-33548/

By the way, whereabouts in Oregon? I grew up in in the Willamette Valley in a town called Lebanon...

Hey Man!
Woah resurrecting my own "Hello" Thread, but last night I cracked open my first bottle of Edwort's Koelsch (First, second, third, and fourth to be honest) and it's freaking great.

Hey Man!
Woah resurrecting my own "Hello" Thread, but last night I cracked open my first bottle of Edwort's Koelsch (First, second, third, and fourth to be honest) and it's freaking great.

Congrats on your tasty success. :mug:

Back