Greetings from ND!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BStone

Reaction score
I have been lurking here for a while now, and I decided it was time to step up and introduce myself. My name is Bret, and I am residing in Fargo, ND. With help from John Palmer's book "How to Brew", and with the incredible amount of information on this site, I was able to complete my first batch of homebrew. A 6 pack sized batch of IPA, so I wanted to extend my thanks to everyone who posts helpful information on this site. It is amazing how much a person can learn here!

Thanks,
Bret

Welcome Bret, glad to have you aboard. Still snowing up there? Still raining down here.

Now start making some bigger batches!

blacklab said:
Welcome Bret, glad to have you aboard. Still snowing up there? Still raining down here.

Now start making some bigger batches!

No, thank goodness. It is just getting into the high 30s, low 40s now. We still have a ways to go beofre all the snow is melted though. Which is fine, since it gives me a great way to chill my wort quickly. My wife looked at me funny when she came home from work and saw me in the back yard "burying" her stock pot. :D

As for the bigger batches, I am SO READY!! I have (hopefully soon) a good lookin' 5 galon pot on the way!

Welcome to HBT Bret! :mug:
Are you planning on 5 gallon batches or sticking with a six pack at a time? 5 Gallon batches are just about as easy and you will end up with 8 six packs!

Hey Bret, Welcome to HBT....I'm just down the road a spell (St. Paul) if you are ever interested in a road trip or are in the TC, stop by for a brew...just PM me.

RichBrewer said:
Welcome to HBT Bret! :mug:
Are you planning on 5 gallon batches or sticking with a six pack at a time? 5 Gallon batches are just about as easy and you will end up with 8 six packs!

I plan on moving up to 5 gallon batches. I am in the process of acquiring a pot. The reason I did a 6 pack was that it was to be my very first batch, and I didn't have a pot big enough for 5 gallons.

Seabee John said:
Hey Bret, Welcome to HBT....I'm just down the road a spell (St. Paul) if you are ever interested in a road trip or are in the TC, stop by for a brew...just PM me.

Thanks! Next time I run down there I will be sure to do that! It is always a great time when you get to meet people sharing the same interests! I never pass up a chance to learn something and meet cool people!

UpNorth said:
Greetings from up north in New York Mills, MN actually over east for you--good brewing!!

Greetings to you as well! Only 78 miles away! It's always great to find people who are so close! A road trip to the Twin Cities keeps getting more enticing by the minute! Of course it might take me more than 4 hours this time :tank:

Back