Greetings from Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

begley291

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope everyone is doing well.

I’m Jacob, I’m 24 and I live in Michigan. I guess the reason I decided to join this forum- this community- is because I want to get into home brewing. Specifically beers and wines, but maybe some stronger stuff later on. I have a couple of family members, my dad and my grandpa, who kind of got me interested in this hobby. My grandpa started making his own beer, and I’ve tried a couple of different batches of his stuff, and it was just fantastic! Shortly after I found out my dad has been working on a couple batches of mead, which was also quite enjoyable. I’ve always enjoyed creating things, and I’ve enjoyed alcohol since I could legally drink it, so I figured this would be a perfect hobby for me! I don’t have any actual equipment at this time, however I do plan on making that initial investment and doing this seriously. For now, though, I’ve been working on some Kilju (please don’t shoot me). I’ve got three batches going, the oldest of which has been fermenting for five days so far. The first two are pretty much the same but for the third one, I didn’t realize I was low on sugar... so I had to substitute that with brown sugar, which seems to be doing fine. Smells kind of like gingerbread cookies haha. Well, I suppose that’s all for now. I look forward to expanding my operations and talking with you all!

Back