Greetings from Las Vegas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billymeter

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Brad and I am new to home brewing.

I am in the Air Force and I use to be stationed in Germany. As you might expect, I became very spoiled with the beer there. I moved to Las Vegas, NV a few years later and missed the beers I use to drink.

I figured I could try brewing my own beer and have much higher quality and better tasting beer than the typical American brew. This is how I got my interest in home brewing.

I got the deluxe brewing kit from the Home Brewery (homebrewery.com). I have my very first batch of beer sitting in my fermenter right now. I ordered a wheat beer kit from the same store and I brewed it last night. I sure hope it turns out alright!

I started seeing visible signs of fermentation in the airlock in less than 12 hours.

But enough about my first batch and a little bit more about me:

I am 25 years old, and I am a computer nerd. I am a also a huge music fan and I have played guitar for about 13 - 14 years now (I still suck).

Hello Brad,
I am also new to Homebrew. I was in Germany 1 1/2 years ago and loved the beer and food.

Primary: IPA, Orange Honey Wheat
Secondary:
Bottled: Pale Ale, Oatmeal Stout
Drinking: Pale Ale

De`ja`-Brew
We have all been beer before.

At least there are a few breweries in Vegas now. Nada back when I lived there.

Welcome.

Welcome. Used to live in the NW valley but ran when the housing market tanked.

I miss me some Big Dog's cheddar soup....

Back