Greetings from Dayton, Ohio!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamptrump

Reaction score
Hey all!

I realized I never introduced myself and just jumped into the forums because there was so much to do. These forums have been a ton of help since I started brewing extract back in September and then switching to AG last month. Love my newest AG beer (Honey Green Tea Blonde), night and day compared to my first beer in September.

Can't wait to become more active in the forums and meeting some new people.

Extract:
Pumpkin Spice Porter (mistakes made, lessons learned), Fruit Cake inspired Winter Warmer (learned to remember that less is more), Cranberry Sauce IPA (never will I do fruit again)

AG:
Honey Green Tea Blonde and split batch [Strawberry] Irish Red (this weekend)

Cheers, enjoy your homebrews! :mug:

I've noticed that. It's obviously because Ohioans are awesome and this state is a beer mecha!

Welcome... You sure decided to go with the off-the-wall stuff right off the bat!

Good luck with all your brewing endeavors.

Welcome... You sure decided to go with the off-the-wall stuff right off the bat!

Good luck with all your brewing endeavors.

My theory going into homebrewing has been to be experimental and play around with flavors. If I wanted a normal beer, I figured I can just buy it. There is a lot to say about getting the basics right, but I figured I can do that while mixing it up a bit.

I already have a Raspberry Lemonade Blonde, Peach IPA, and Orange Rhubarb Gose planned out for the next few months.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Don't give up on fruit beers, some of them are incredible. Cranberries might just be too overwhelming.

Welcome to the hobby, and the group, from CO :mug:

Don't give up on fruit beers, some of them are incredible. Cranberries might just be too overwhelming.

Cranberry IPA was one of my favorites, tart and bitter paired really well. Everyone loved it. But I had to rush it into bottles so I couldn't let it settle, so much sediment in everyone's bottle. That and cleaning the secondary out after fruit has been a nightmare. The next few fruit batches, I'm going to use extract at bottling and see how that goes.

Or put the fruit in a blender on the smoothie setting. Then strain some solids out. Then add. I did that with a watermelon hefe.

Back