Greetings from Coastal Georgia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

borders

Reaction score
Hello all from Coastal Georgia in Brunswick. Just started in December after wife got me the starter kit from Homebrewers Outpost for Christmas. I am already on my second batch, one is conditioning in the bottle and the other is fermenting. I have already ordered more supplies to compliment the starter kit and am looking to start a third batch shortly. Not only did the wife get the kit for me, she is out there brewing and bottling with me. What more could you want?

This stuff is addictive and I am not constantly reading everything I can find, including checking posts on here daily. Anyone else from the Brunswick, Savannah, Jacksonville area? Anything going on locally or suggestions as to a LHBS?

It's good to be here with y'all.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a good situation with SWMBO, don't lose that :) I love Jekyll Island- we try to go there about once a year in the fall, and we love us some Spanky's seafood :) Tried to make it up to Savannah this year to go to the Moon River Brewery, but never got to :(

I used to sail in Brunswick and my brother, another brewer who will chime in here soon, moved there a few years back. He's got some brew ready to drink, y'all should swap out a few bottles. I look forward to hearing how your first brew turns out

Keith

Another brewer from Brunswick here. Great LHBS in Jax. Just Brew it. It is off Cassatt. ALso look into joining CASK the Homebrew Club in JAx area. Where do you live in Brunswick? I'm off 303 and 82. Send me a message, we'll have to get together and share some brew or have a brew day.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Tidewater Brewing

kevinrmclean said:
Another brewer from Brunswick here. Great LHBS in Jax. Just Brew it. It is off Cassatt. ALso look into joining CASK the Homebrew Club in JAx area. Where do you live in Brunswick? I'm off 303 and 82. Send me a message, we'll have to get together and share some brew or have a brew day.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers and Fair Winds,
Kevin

Tidewater Brewing

Great to hear from you guys. Kev, a brew sounds good; sent you a message. I assume my type of membership allows me to send messages, right?

Any other brewers from Brunswick GA here? Kevin, I sent you a message a few weeks back but not sure if you got it. I'm trying to recruit some of my buddies to start brewing; I think I almost got them in. One came by and had one of my beers from my first ever batch last weekend. Despite my concerns over how this first batch would turn out, he loved it. He told to save the recipe for later. LOL. This was reassuring considering that I knew the areas where I made some mistakes on the flavor and can improve my technique. At least someone else found it not only drinkable, but good enough to want to take some home. I'm drinking one right now and have my second batch conditioning in bottles, another batch fermenting.......I'm hooked.

If there are other Brunwick brewers out there, let me know. Give me a shout Kevin. Need some accomplices in this madness.

Hey man.

Just happened to be on at the same time. I'm goingt o be bottling tomorrow. Oatmeal Stout. Let's definitly get together soon. I have a few hefe's left in the beer fridge, but my supply is starting to run low. The stout should be ready in about 3 weeks. I'll send you a PM with my number.

Cheers,
Kevin

Back