Greetings from Chicago, and thank you homebrewtalk!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nc_chief

Reaction score
I really got interested in homebrewing after a visit to Cumberland Brews in Louisville, KY and because I am very close to two local breweries (a rarity for Chicago) - Half Acre and Metropolitan. These beers were bursting with flavors and aroma that were amazing.... and I learned they are easy enough to be made right in my home (my frugality was very pleased!). I've been lurking on homebrewtalk for months to learn techniques and how I could avoid common mistakes - the information here is incredible and much appreciated. I did my first extract batch about 4 months ago, and have done three more since - and so far every batch has been a success (nervous about the Irish Stout w/ vanilla beans that's in secondary and has the color of chocolate milk - ?). Cheers!

Welcome! I'm right down the street from Half Acre. The Chicagoland area's craft brew market is really amazing these days. Revolution Brewery just opened last week. Tried to go last night, but it was a 2 hours wait! So instead went to Fat Willy's. Hell ya for great ribs!

Well hello, and welcome, I too am new and from Chicago. Have you hit up Brew and Grow yet? They have FREE BEER! Good luck and if you ever want to swap a few bottles, let me know.

welcome to the forum......brew shop in st charles has free beer too...such a great hobby. buy your supplies and get free beer lol

I am very close to two local breweries (a rarity for Chicago) - Half Acre and Metropolitan.

Lucky. I'm on the South side. Got drive a ways for a local brewery, but thnk goodness for the local brew club. Welcome to HBT.

Latest posts

Back