Greetings from Boulder, CO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

capulinflicker

Reaction score
Hi all. I've been lurking here for a couple weeks and finally decided to join and start contributing. I bought a kit about a month ago and am already on my second batch, an Irish red ale.

I already committed the rookie mistake of dumping my first batch (Belgium Blonde) due to thinking I had my fermenter in too cold of a spot. I did end up bottling about 20 beers before dumping the rest so we'll see how it turned out after a couple of weeks of conditioning. If not, back into the closet the rest will go.

Anyway, I'm already hooked on the hobby and can't wait to get some more batches going, might have to buy some additional carboys!

Welcome! I used to live north of Denver and loved it, so I'm terribly envious of anyone living on the Front Range.

I'm stressing a little about my first batch because I let some plain tap water from the airlock get into the freshly pitched wort. I'm just going to let it go - a little reading around here shows that others have brewed good beer after dropping a cell phone into the wort! At any rate, I think a little stressing is par for the course on that first batch.

I know what you mean about additional carboys! Fermentation and conditioning takes a while!

Well, hello from Loveland! Good to know there are so many of us here in Colorado on here. I'm a mazer myself, but my wife said the idea of making beer is interesting. I may have to try it...

frau - I did my fare share of stressing during my first batch and now I'm kicking myself for prematurely dumping it. I'm only on my second, but I have to keep reminding myself not to freak out and just be patient. I think that's just about the only thing I dislike about the hobby, the waiting! (okay, maybe the clean up as well, that's sometimes a drag).

regulated - There's certainly not a shortage of home enthusiasts here in Colorado. Being a beer snob myself I love having so many great breweries within driving distance! Thanks for the welcome.

Back