Greetings from beautiful Santa Cruz County!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I started homebrewing less than a year ago but have been quite obsessed ever since. I now do BIAB batches (usually 5-6g, but sometimes smaller, "kitchen" batches) and crush my own barley.

Most of what I drank (and brewed) tended to be the super-hoppy IPAs that are still popular out here in California, but I've since expanded my palette to include American and Imperial stouts, robust porters, craft lagers, and strong ales (I have a killer Arrogant Bastard clone!).

I look forward to learning and sharing with other beer fanatics!

Cheers,
Steve

Welcome, neighbor! In case you didn't already know, we have a home brewing club in Santa Cruz, the Central Coast Zymurgeeks, who meet once per month and run the homebrew competition at the county fair in the fall. They're good folks and know a ton about brewing and beer. Contact info is on the website.

Hey Paulegi! -- Central Coast Zymurgeeks sounds really cool; thanks! I have young kids at home and don't have too much time to devote to brewing, but this looks like fun.

Cheers!:tank:

Welcome to the group, from CO :mug:

Once I started brewing, I found myself being far more experimentative in exploring different styles, my drinking "vocabulary" has gone way up with my greater appreciation of the brewing process. b

Greetings! I live up the road a little bit in Solano county. Santa Cruz is beautiful. Brother in law lives in capitola so we are down that way every so often. Happy brewing!

Back