Greetings from another New Guy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThomasO

Reaction score
Just found the forum through searching for a Weiniachtsbier recipe. I started out with a Mr Beer kit for Christmas, and with my second batch in the fermenter, I'm already starting to look at bigger and better things. A friend gave me his 5-gallon kit that he said he didnt have time to use, so now it's a matter of learning how to use it. I found a local home brewing supply store here in Dayton, just a few blocks from home, so will be looking into supplies for my first big batch soon.

Tom Oxley

Welcome Tom,

If you are really interested in getting better this is the place to read up, ask questions, etc. The biggest issue newbies have is rushing to drink :) You will hear it time and again on here, let you fermentation sit for longer than most kit directions say. 21 days for me all the time unless I'm specifically brewing something 'short' like a mild or a light session beer, even then at least 14 days. The second issue is sanitization, you can't be too clean :)
Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask.

Welcome Thomas,

If you are really interested in getting better this is the place to read up, ask questions, etc. The biggest issue newbies have is rushing to drink :) You will hear it time and again on here, let you fermentation sit for longer than most kit directions say. 21 days for me all the time unless I'm specifically brewing something 'short' like a mild or a light session beer, even then at least 14 days. The second issue is sanitization, you can't be too clean :)
Good luck and if you have any questions, just ask.

Thanks. That would be cool. Just stopped in at the Brewtensils store last weekend for a look around and starting to plan a fall batch of Pumpkin Stout. I am still working with my Mr Beer stuff for the moment but was given an Ale Pale kit that I need to learn to use. Picked up some good reading material on the subject and am surprised at how much I have learned already. Now to put it to work. :)

Back