Greetings all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RumOnTheDocks

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
A warm hello from Kamnik, Slovenia

I stumbled upon this amazing forum a while back as I was getting ready to get back into mead making after a hiatus of several years.

My first batch was a banana melomel, which I made a few years back. It actually turned out okay, all things considered (my process was reminiscent of something one would expect to see during the dark ages).
I've wanted to make more ever since, but finances have been tough these past few years and I haven't had a chance up until now.
This time I've done a lot more research and reading, and I've acquainted myself with such modern and foreign practices as sanitization, gravity readings, and nutrients.

With all that said, I have to thank all of you for accepting me and for sharing proper brewing/winemaking/meadmaking knowledge with everyone.

P.S.
I currently have two batches of mead in primary; a plum melomel which I aim to backsweeten and age till next Christmas and a session mead which I might split into two batches to experiment with carbonation and spice additions.

Latest posts

Back