Great weekend - tired but happy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badgerbrew14

Reaction score
I had the best opportunity the past two days. I'm planning to go commercial in October 2014. I've been to the Siebel concise brewing technology course, which I really got a lot out of, but I lacked hands-on experience on commercial equipment. Through my boss I got introduced a few months ago to a local commercial brewer, a German guy brewing in Japan, and he agreed to let me apprentice at his brewery. Did the first of four brew rounds Friday and Saturday. We made 1500 liters of Oktoberfest - in one fell swoop surpassing my cumulative home brew total, and then kegged 2000 liters of his Schwartzbier. OK, hauling around multiple hundreds of pounds of grain in sacks was not the most fun, but the rest was great. Got to do everything except bottling. Then when I got home I had to bottle one 5g batch, keg another and secondary for lagering a third. Amazing how much more work per gallon home brewing is... Anyway, had to share. :mug:

Back