Great newbie brew weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iambeer

Reaction score
I've been brewing since April and moved to all grain by the third batch. I'm glad I stuck with this hobby because I had a rough start, as you might expect from most who starts brewing with AG at the beginning of a hot summer without having read about brewing much more than a few posts here and there.

Two months ago, I moved to a place with a cool basement and with a new city water supply that has no chloramine. Wow, I wish I could say I made that happen on purpose--but it just did.

The only problem is takes about 4-5 weeks to finish fermenting, apparently. But it's very clean.

Today was a good brew day. I brew my third witbier and used yeast cultured on a stir plate. And hour later, it is producing CO2.

Another upgrade I made since I brew 3 gallon batches is five gallon carboys. I dont' want to go through the hassle of blow tubes for a while.

I cold crashed my 3rd SNPA 'clone' today and for the first time instead of sampling it with the reaction: "not too terrible" it was surprisingly good.

A week ago, I secondaried a wheat/kolsch with fresh pomegranate which smells nice and is still frothing up.

Later tonight I will fill a small pool with research craft beer and drink myself to the bottom.

I love this hobby.

Latest posts

Back