Great Lakes Brew Fest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just wanted to see if anyone else from the area is planning on heading up to Racine, WI next Saturday for the Great Lakes Brew Fest. It's been loads of fun the past few years that I've gone. If you're not familiar with it, it's a beer festival that has been created to raise money Kilties Drum and Bugle Corps. and takes place in Racine, WI AT THE LOCAL ZOO! I think its super fun to be able to be able to walk around a zoo and see the animals all while drinking. Plus as another bonus, the zoo is located right on the shores of Lake Michigan.

I don't believe this does, but just wanted to apologize ahead of time if this part of the post somehow does break any forum rules, but I know it's a heck of a drive, and with as much beer as I'm sure many of us will consume, drinking and driving is a major concern. That's why I just wanted to put it out there to people that myself and a few others have organized a bus to go up to it.

It would be $80/person and would include:
Coach bus ride with washroom to and from the event (bus pickup/dropoff from Lisle around 1pm and returns around 9pm)
Lunch on the bus from Jersey Mikes
Bus stocked with tons of beer to get everyone pumped for the fest (as well as for those true drinkers that didn't have enough from the 4hr all you can sample event, for the return home)
And event ticket ($45 if you buy it separately)

We're not trying to make any money on this (which if you add up everything I believe is pretty evident), just trying to fill up the rest of the bus to help cover costs, and help those that wouldn't ordinarily go due to the drive, a chance to make it this year.

If anyone is interested let me know and we can figure out details from there

I won a 4-pack of tickets to the Great Lakes Brew Fest in Racine,WI,this weekend. I live in Southeast Michigan. I have a car,but it's old,and i don't want to have to go by myself. I am not looking to make money off the remaining tickets. I would just like to travel with some other folks from Michigan (or maybe someone passing through the area,possibly coming from OH or the east coast). I basically don't want to have to drive 13 hours,round-trip,by myself...and i have 3 extra tickets,so why not offer them to someone else? So,if you don't have a ticket,and you have 2 other buddies that want to go(but they also don't have tickets),just pick me up in Michigan,cut me some slack on my gas contributions,and we'll all go and have a good time. If you were to buy the tickets,each would cost you $45. And these will give you unlimited beer samples. So,you are getting unlimited beer samples for free,simply for letting me carpool out with you. If you want to take me up on this idea,call or text me at 248.917.4656.

Back