Great HOP pricing going on!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Item 01: 1 each HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.75
Item 02: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 6.75
Item 03: 1 each HAMAP1 Amarillo Pellet Hops: 1 lb. $ 11.25
Item 04: 1 each HMALU1 Magnum (US) Pellets: 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 05: 1 each HSAAZUSP1 US SAAZ Pellet Hops: 1 lb. $ 9.75

I don't really use willamette, but can't pass them up for under $.50/oz.

Shame you can't get Simcoe this way...

Item 01: 1 each HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 8.75
Item 02: 1 each HGALP1 Galena Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 03: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 6.75

Couldn't pass this up!

Nice heads up. I just got ten assorted pounds. I really like Willamette, and $7.50 for a pound of whole leaf is just ridiculous. And yeah, if I could get Simcoe this way, I'd be in heaven.

Nice heads up. I just got ten assorted pounds. I really like Willamette, and $7.50 for a pound of whole leaf is just ridiculous.

They're expecting huge overstocks on Wilamette this year, so much that some farms aren't even going to harvest it this year as it'd be cheaper not to.

AB used to want a 12-18 month carry over and purchased around 95% of the US crop, once they merged with InBev that changed to a 3-6 month carry over. That's why it's been so cheap lately, I think it was around $10 from HD before this new price decrease.

I also don't use Willamette often, but couldn't refuse 6.75 for a pound. LHBS charges 3.50/ounce, so using two ounces puts me in the black on that alone.

*sigh* in for another 5 pounds on top of the 4 already coming (which I'm hoping for a price match on, since they haven't even arrived yet...)

Looks like I need to buy a mini fridge and sneak it past the wife...

Just rocked 4lbs total of Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo and Magnum. With these prices, makes me want to rock an out of control IIPA!

Just rocked 4lbs total of Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo and Magnum. With these prices, makes me want to rock an out of control IIPA!

I just picked up 1 lb each of the cascade, centennial, and magnum. I bought 1 lb each of Centennial, Tettnang, and Willamette last week, then noticed the price drop this week. I called them to say I was a liitle upset by the fact that they didnt mention there would be a sale this week, because I definitely would have purchased more. She told me that if I wanted, I could purchase 3 more lbs at the new prices, and they would waive the shipping on the new order. OK. I will soon have 6 lbs of hops in the freezer. Woohoo!!!
Definitely a good chance to stock up.

I pulled the trigger on 10# last night. As anyone who's ordered from them before knows, that 10# will probably end up being something like 13#.

I just ordered 29 lbs.... SO STOKED...

......IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA........IPA..

Damn glad to see this thread's getting used.

It's about time to see a price drop. Even though they maybe last years hops. I have been getting hops from Puterbaugh Farms the past couple years and have never had a problem. Can't go wrong with these prices anyway. Good to see everyone's cashing in.

Maybe a stupid question, but I've never ordered from these guys before. Do they ship in vacuum sealed 1 pound bags?

Yes they are vacuum sealed heavy foil bags

Check out the website and go shopping

Hops Direct, Cherries Direct - available today from Puterbaugh Farms

Oh yeah, I went shopping this afternoon, just didn't immediately see how they packaged the hops. I got ten pounds of ten different hops. I'm set for a good while. Just curious, as I've never ordered online before. But my LHBS gouges on hops, ~$4 an oz, so these prices are ~1/8 to 1/4 what I normally pay.

The next purchase is a vacuum sealer food saver from Costco.

Great OP! I just ordered 1lb each of Amarillo, Cascade, and Centennial. This fall is going to be busy. Got a new keezer, two kegs, two kegs on the way, and 10 gallons bubbling.

What I saved on hops from HopsDirect over two orders, paid for my FoodSaver several times over. Good deal. :)

Well, basically it comes down to money being tight. This payday I can order my hops, then next payday I can get my malt.
I'll need to have the extra money when I get the malt since Three Floyds is only 15 minutes or so away. I can't make that drive to mid-county and NOT go to Three Floyds.
:mug:

You should have piggybacked on me and pols' group(2 of us) buy. I had over 500lbs of grain at my house.

Damn, I wish I wasn't broke right now. I could stand to buy about 3lbs and a food saver right now and be set with hops for a good while. I guess I'll stick with getting nickle and dimed with 2.99/oz hops.

I'm about to hit the trigger on this. This is what my order looks like...

2lb HAMAP1 Amarillo Pellet Hops:
3lb HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops
2lb HCOLP1 Columbus Pellet Hops
1lb HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops
2lb HCHINP1 Chinook Pellet Hops
1lb HMALU1 Magnum (US) Pellets:
2lb HNUGP1 Nugget Pellet Hops
1lb HGPERP1 GR Perle Pellet Hops:
1lb HFGP1 First Gold Pelleted Hops:

(1lb cascade, 1lb perle and 1lb gold is for my Dad)

These are all pellet hops. Do you recommend swapping out some of the pellets for leaf, just to mix it up? I was pondering taking the 2lb'ers and doing them 1lb pellet 1lb leaf. Are the leafs better for late additions/dry hopping?

I'll probably place the order within the next hour or two.. let me know what you guys think...

These are all pellet hops. Do you recommend swapping out some of the pellets for leaf, just to mix it up? I was pondering taking the 2lb'ers and doing them 1lb pellet 1lb leaf. Are the leafs better for late additions/dry hopping?

I'll probably place the order within the next hour or two.. let me know what you guys think...

I'd stick with the pellet hops myself.

This is another indication that the 2009 crop is very good.

The other one was my Mom has a nail lady that has a husband that owns a hop farm that sells to hop union and said that they have hops coming out their ears, they are actually inviting anyone to come and pick hops off the bines as they have too much :rockin: Can you imagine?

At any rate, I have the ladies contact info and am going to be call to see how I can get some down here.

I already have 11 lbs in my freezer! But I had to get a pound of Chinook for an Arrogant Bastard clone, and some Hallertau just because! :)

Ok, Order placed, 13lbs for me, 3lbs for my Dad.

Now I need to go by a foodsaver...

Item 01: 2 each HAMAP1 Amarillo Pellet Hops: 1 lb. $ 11.25
Item 02: 3 each HCASP1 Cascade Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 8.75
Item 03: 2 each HCOLP1 Columbus Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 12.75
Item 04: 1 each HCEP1 Centennial Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.75
Item 05: 2 each HCHINP1 Chinook Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 06: 1 each HMALU1 Magnum (US) Pellets: 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 07: 2 each HNUGP1 Nugget Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 10.75
Item 08: 1 each HGPERP1 GR Perle Pellet Hops: 1 lb. $ 11.75
Item 09: 1 each HFGP1 First Gold Pelleted Hops: 1 lb. $ 9.75
Item 10: 1 each HWILP1 Willamette Pellet Hops 1 lb. $ 6.75
SubTotal: $ 164.00

1 lb. each of Amarillo, Centennial, Willamette, and EKG!

I'll have to remember this again for next year! The cost of each batch of beer just dropped through the floor! Estimate about $55 for 4 lbs of hops, compared to $3 each ounce at the LHBS...

About $200 for that same amount from the store. I'm saving about $2 per ounce roughly. Makes a big diff in an IPA!!

I bet the folks at hopsdirect.com had no idea that this was coming. From what I've seen across a couple of sites they just got bombarded with about 1,000# of orders over about 48 hours - most/all in 1# increments.

Man that's a lot of packaging labor.

Just ordered 5lbs. Fuggles(UK) @13.75lb, Willamette @ 6.75lb, Amarillo @ 11.25lb Cascade @ 8.75lb, and Tettnanger @ 10.25. My order breaks down to about $0.63 an ounce! The prices are insane. Even if they charge 1:1 on shipping I'll save $185 based on my LHBS prices, with a $30 estimate on shipping I'm saving $250.

Just ordered 5lbs. Fuggles(UK) @13.75lb, Willamette @ 6.75lb, Amarillo @ 11.25lb Cascade @ 8.75lb, and Tettnanger @ 10.25. My order breaks down to about $0.63 an ounce! The prices are insane. Even if they charge 1:1 on shipping I'll save $185 based on my LHBS prices, with a $30 estimate on shipping I'm saving $250.

They don't give their shipping price on your order. So I called up and the lady there said it was ~$20 on 15lbs (of 1lb bags) of pellets to NJ

They don't give their shipping price on your order. So I called up and the lady there said it was ~$20 on 15lbs (of 1lb bags) of pellets to NJ

Yeah I know, I'm estimating $15-30. If it is less great! I was just gloating that even if they charged me $50 (1:1) for shipping it would be cheaper then driving to the LHBS and buying the same order of hops by a disgusting margin.

Can't wait for the box to show up!

Back