Grape Hops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peecan52

Reaction score
I have a buddy getting married in June. He once jokingly told me to brew a grape soda beer because he likes grape soda. Obviously that would be kind of gross. However, I recall reading about a hop that gave a grape like flavor. He likes hoppy beer so I was thinking of making him an IPA. Does anyone know what hop I may be thinking of? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

You could make some small test batches and play around with kool-aid or jolly ranchers.

I may try that. However I think I want a faint grape flavor. That's why I was trying to figure out what hop I was thinking of. Do you have any idea of a hop that give a grape flavor or aroma?

Nelson Sauvin hops are about the only ones I can think of from the top of my head. But if he's requesting grape-soda like beer, I don't think these will do the trick, but they may suffice for what you are wanting it to taste like. Here's a link that describes this hops qualities.

Nelson Sauvin Hops | Brew Dudes

Back