Grainbelt Nordeast clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had an traditional grain belt. It was a bottle of pure awful. I would take a warm, skunked bud lite over it any day of the week. That being said, the WI and MN people seem to love it, so maybe its just me?

I'd be interested in the recipe as well. Nordeast is leaps and bounds better than the original grain belt and grain belt light. It surprises me how many people up here love the original.

I will also be trying some of the other schell's recipes, after I tour the brewery this summer and decide which I like the best. :tank:

Does anyone have a recipe for this? This is a great beer.

That is my assumption after checking out the website.

It is cheap enough to buy instead of brew, but I can't get it back in Oklahoma.

grainbelt's reciepe was bought by Shells a number of years ago, they also have Hams I believe

I have had an traditional grain belt. It was a bottle of pure awful. I would take a warm, skunked bud lite over it any day of the week. That being said, the WI and MN people seem to love it, so maybe its just me?

Must be my MN heritage, but Grainbelt >> BL. An icy cold Bud light is nearly undrinkable.

I buy a half case of Prem-o every great once in awhile for my BMC buddies. Very light and difficult to clone because they use a hop extract available only to commercial brewers (no skunk in clear bottles similar to Miller products).

Since Nordeast is also in a clear bottle, I would not be suprised if it also had a hop extract as opposed to regular hops. All of Schells other offerings are in a brown bottle (except Dark). Not a lot of help, but I will say that I like Nordeast. Easy to drink, but not a real interesting beer.

I will also be trying some of the other schell's recipes, after I tour the brewery this summer and decide which I like the best. :tank:

I like a few of their offerings:

1) Hopfenmalz (really pretty good beer)
2) Zommerfest (Kolsch style)
3) Dark
4) Schmaltz's Alt
5) Some of their Snowstorm varieties can be good or...interesting (see Weizen Dopplebock from 2010).

Wow no love for premium i guess. .. I like premium as a light lager and nordeast is good for what it is, i have used it as a gateway beer for lots of people.

For a recipe i would do two row with some crystal, and though i dont taste it now the very first time i had it i tasted willamette hops. But that was only the first couple bottles i had im not quite sure what hops are used

Back