grain mills.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrgtr42

Reaction score
Hey all.
So I'm looking at a mill, going between the Cereal Killer and the Barley Crusher.
They're both on sale various places for Black Friday -
IS there a big difference between them?
Is the extra $10 for the BC worth it?
I only have $100 budget for this - I know everyone seems to like the Monster Mill a lot, but I can't swing the extra.

Cereal Killer all the way. Don't even think about the Barley Crusher--it's a piece of junk.

Many, many people, myself included, had issues with a Barley Crusher. The customer service is virtually nonexistent, the rollers will wear out prematurely....there's just no reason to stick your neck in a noose called "Barley Crusher." There are some people who have had success with the BC, but they are apparently the exception, not the rule. Maybe there was a stretch of good quality in there for a while, who knows?

Meanwhile, the Cereal Killer has excellent reviews from a ton of users, it's cheaper--what's not to like?

After reading about all the troubles with the Barley Crusher and their less than ideal lifetime warranty, I went with the Cereal Killer. I have only used it a couple times so far but it was easy to set up. I did have a problem on the first try, I didn't tighten things and the roller moved on one end. Once straightened and tightened it has been fine.

The project that has kept me from brewing (cabinets in the kitchen) is almost done so it will soon be time to grind a lot of grain. I also have a Unibrau on order.

Back