Got the runs from my homebrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you drank heavily that could be it alone. A buddy of mine use to call them the D.A.D.S. (day after drinking ****s) but that was when menu was mainly a liquid diet.

the beer is obviously bad and could kill someone. give me your address and I will stop by and take it off of your hands as a matter of public safety. I should prob. drink your afelwien also just to be safe.

Damn Dude (or should I say Brew Brain), that saying is definetly going to be re-used! That's hilarious!!!!!:drunk:

I've been suffering for a week now from stomach problems after drinking a lot of Norfolk Wherry last week, it was only a week in the bottle and had had a month in primary, so it was possibly still green and had too much yeast in suspension.
I went to the chemist today and got some acidophilus to give my stomach flora a fighting chance again.
It's not been a pleasant week at all, painful tender stomach and runs for the whole time, although it's not as bad as it was the few days directly after and it's calming a bit.
It won't help that I was also taking a lot of ibuprofen recently which can also upset the stomach balance.
It'll be alright once it's back on track when these pills work, at least that's what I hope or else it's off to the docs for me next week.

I have suffered from stomach ulcers a lot in the past so I do have a rather temperamental stomach.

I always get the runs after a night of beer; commercial or home brewed , just suck it up and RDWHAHB :)

The chances of this being from the beer is slim. If it tastes good, it is at least 99% certain that it is OK to drink. More likely it is either food served or the stomach virus that has been going around. I had that a few weeks ago - it was like getting a roto-rooter treatment in my system.

The chances of this being from the beer is slim. If it tastes good, it is at least 99% certain that it is OK to drink. More likely it is either food served or the stomach virus that has been going around. I had that a few weeks ago - it was like getting a roto-rooter treatment in my system.

If you're talking to me, I live in Ireland, the treatment I've gotten from the chemist is working so far.

If you're talking to me, I live in Ireland, the treatment I've gotten from the chemist is working so far.

Actually, it was directed at the original poster, but secondarily to anyone else with recent stomach distress. It's all over.

It took me about three weeks in total to get my stomach balance back in order, I had severe cramps, IBS type symptoms and lots and lots of problems for a good while.
It looks like I gave myself a nice candida infection in my gut from drinking the yeast laden green beer. I have a sensitive stomach as an ulcer sufferer, so what I now do is take a few acidophilus pills if I'm drinking homebrew. Basically I'm pitching my own stomach flora against the yeast, until I get used to this. I have learned a hard lesson too about not drinking green homebrew, a lot of people here will have you believe it's not homebrew related and not serious.....not true, I was in a bad way for three weeks.
Not trying to be alarmist, just relating a story that is likelier on the more extreme end of the "harm" that homebrew can do to you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm drinking a homebrew now and hope I don't have to stop the hobby, but if I get a dose like that again and find I actually haven't learned my lessons and my system just can't take it, I'd consider starting to filter the beer, which I really don't want to do as it won't be real ale, and that's where it's at, or just give it up.

<edit>I did end up visiting the docs about this in the end. I eat very lightly for three days and that ended it.

Like saying you got thrush or vaginitis (types of candida infections) from home brew. Sooooooo not likely. Seriously. Different yeast strain and all.

The fungi that can cause candida infections is always in your system......it exists there all the time, amongst many other types of yeasts and bacteria that all keep each other in a careful balance. The yeast in brew is not going to impact that. The same as wild yeast on fresh greens or grains is not going to impact it.

People suffer from candida infections primarily because they have a deficiency in their immune system (which may be caused by lots of other conditions, for example diabetes)........or are taking antibiotics which can lower the count of beneficial bacteria that keep the yeast in check.

Now, can a group of people indirectly get the runs from a batch of home brew? Sure, it's possible. And certainly possible even if the brew tastes great. And it's more likely to be caused by mold or mildew on the OUTSIDE of the bottle than yeast in green beer. The scenario may be........on bottling day, bits of wort splash onto the outside of the bottle, which you then store in a nice, dark, ambient location to age.....creating a perfect environment for nasties to grow on the bottle......which you'll never even notice. Then you handle the bottles and transfer to your hands, then to your nose or mouth. Or even transfer some to your glass while pouring. Rare? Yes. Possible? Sure.

If fact, many types of candida infections can be transferred between people through certain activities, and 99% of the time those folks would never know it, as normally healthy folks are not susceptible to it.

Candida infections are treated with a antifungal.........not an antibiotic. Antibiotics will decrease bacteria in your system, which will often increase the fungal population (yeast).

The most common candida infection in males is "thrush".

It looks like I gave myself a nice candida infection in my gut from drinking the yeast laden green beer. I have a sensitive stomach as an ulcer sufferer, so what I now do is take a few acidophilus pills if I'm drinking homebrew. Basically I'm pitching my own stomach flora against the yeast, until I get used to this. I have learned a hard lesson too about not drinking green homebrew, a lot of people here will have you believe it's not homebrew related and not serious.....not true, I was in a bad way for three weeks.

Not trying to be alarmist, just relating a story that is likelier on the more extreme end of the "harm" that homebrew can do to you.
Don't get me wrong, I'm drinking a homebrew now and hope I don't have to stop the hobby, but if I get a dose like that again and find I actually haven't learned my lessons and my system just can't take it, I'd consider starting to filter the beer, which I really don't want to do as it won't be real ale, and that's where it's at, or just give it up.

<edit>I did end up visiting the docs about this in the end. I eat very lightly for three days and that ended it.

I hate to break this to you, but you are full of ****....literally,

you can't get one strain of a yeast infection from another strain of yeast...

From PUBMED

Yeasts of the Candida genus are another group of opportunistic pathogens which causes oral and V@ginall infections in humans, known as Candidiasis. Candida is commonly found as a commensal yeast in the mucus membranes of humans and other warm-blooded animals. However, sometimes these same strains can become pathogenic. Here the yeast cells sprout a hyphal outgrowth, which locally penetrates the mucosal membrane, causing irritation and shedding of the tissues.[47] The pathogenic yeasts of candidiasis in probable descending order of virulence for humans are: C. albicans, C. tropicalis, C. stellatoidea, C. glabrata, C. krusei, C. parapsilosis, C. guilliermondii, C. viswanathii, C. lusitaniae and Rhodotorula mucilaginosa.[48] Candida glabrata is the second most common Candida pathogen after C. albicans, causing infections of the urogenital tract, and of the bloodstream (Candidemia).[49]

That has nothing to do with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is used in brewing AND bread making...
From one of 5 sites I looked up Thrush on, all said the same thing...

Episodes are best managed with an appropriate antifungal medication - diet usually has little impact on this type of problem. The yeast that is used for baking (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) has nothing to do with the yeast that causes yeast infections (Candida albicans). The two have no more in common than a house cat would have with a tiger - they`re both cats, but their ability to do harm is very different.

Now unless you drank that beer made from that womans pu##Y yeast that was advertised awhile back, and it wasn't pasturized, or drank from a beer bottles that was stuck somewhere you don't want to contemplate, you more than likely got thrush from having your mouth elsewhere....

If we could get Thrush from Homebrew (or any beer at all) then there wouldn't be a hobby such as this...

I'll quote something I found a year ago, posted on another sitesaying nothing that can make you sick, can grow in beer;

Can you get a PATHOGEN from beer. No. NO *NO* Did I make that clear? You have a ZERO chance of pathogens in beer, wine, distilled beverages. PERIOD!

Pathogens are described as organisms that are harmful and potentially life threatening to humans. These are some 1400+ known species overall encompasing viruses, bacteria, fungi, protozoa, and helminths. Of that group, we are only interested in those that can be foodborne. Quite simply, if it can't survive in food, it isn't in beer. That knocks out all but bacteria and fungi. Viruses need very specific circumstances to be passed around... like on the lip of a glass or bottle, not the beer in it. **Ahhh...CHOOO!**

Pathogens as a rule are very fastidious beasts. Meaning that they want very specific temperatures, acidity, nutrients and other conditions to thrive.

Bacteria that *could* live in wort, cannot survive even a little bit of fermentation. There are several reasons for this. One is in the 'magic' of hops. It is the isomerized alpha acids that provide a preservative effect to the beer, which happens to inhibit pathogens! Good deal for fresh wort!

Another reason is the drop in pH from fermentation. Next, yeast emit their own enzymes and byproducts, all in an effort to make the environment hostile to other creatures. The major one is alcohol, of course, but their enzymes will break down less vigorous organisms and they become sources of trace nutrition. Now the latter is very minor compared to the effect of alcohol, but it exists! Most of the time these enzymes work on the wort, not organisms until late in the process. Good deal for beer! ...uh, wine too.

Oh, Botulism specifically... did you know that this is an anaerobic pathogen? It's toxin is one of the few that is broken down by boiling. Did you know tht it is strongly inhibited by isomerized alpha acids, even in water? Since fresh wort has a healthy amount of oxygen in it, the beastie cannot even get started, then once the O2 is used up, it doesn't have a chance against the hops or the yeast.

All that is left are a handful of acid producing bacteria that'll ruin a batch of beer. Overall, there are less than 200 organisms that can survive in beer and lend flavor effects. None of these for very long, or very often. Lambic being the sole exception, and if pathogens *could* survive, that'd be the style where you find 'em.

I've worked in medical education for 2o years on and off, if that were the case, I would have come upon the info at some point, especially since I work with a Biochemist who uses S. cerevisiae in here research.... If your doc believes some inane nonsense like that, that you got Thrush from drinking homebrew, you need to get a second opinion, or find a new doctor.,,,like a shrink.

If you got candida, more than likely it wasn't from your beer.

I react to Henniger Dunkles, Guinness, any type of Dunkles beer. There must be something in the dark beers that that acts like draino on me.

I hate to break this to you, but you are full of ****....literally,

you can't get one strain of a yeast infection from another strain of yeast...

That has nothing to do with Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is used in brewing AND bread making...
From one of 5 sites I looked up Thrush on, all said the same thing...

Now unless you drank that beer made from that womans pu##Y yeast that was advertised awhile back, and it wasn't pasturized, or drank from a beer bottles that was stuck somewhere you don't want to contemplate, you more than likely got thrush from having your mouth elsewhere....

If we could get Thrush from Homebrew (or any beer at all) then there wouldn't be a hobby such as this...

I'll quote something I found a year ago, posted on another sitesaying nothing that can make you sick, can grow in beer;

I've worked in medical education for 2o years on and off, if that were the case, I would have come upon the info at some point, especially since I work with a Biochemist who uses S. cerevisiae in here research.... If your doc believes some inane nonsense like that, that you got Thrush from drinking homebrew, you need to get a second opinion, or find a new doctor.,,,like a shrink.

If you got candida, more than likely it wasn't from your beer.

Ok so maybe I'm wrong on the yeast strain as opposed to Candida, very aggressive tone for a man of religion by the way (but that's an aside).

I was very ill for three weeks and the only thing that helped was to take acidophilus, I was sick....very sick.

The doctor didn't mention candida, nor did the chemist, but both were of the opinion that pitching that amount of yeast will have done what I had.

Make of it what you will.

(you're normally a nice guy.)

Drinking green homebrew always gives me a serious farting session...
I don't really mind that, only lasts a few hours and then im back to normal.

I think green homebrew must be great to prevent constipation.

Well this guy has stomach ulcers , was taking ibuprofen and drinking. All of which will aggravate an ulcer. Since most of these bad bacteria already live in our bodies to some extent, all they need is a little chance for them to take over. Directly homebrew can't cause his infection, but indirectly it (alcohol) could have aggravated his ulcer and made it vulneralble to infection of a handful of bacteria that were already present.

Well this guy has stomach ulcers , was taking ibuprofen and drinking. All of which will aggravate an ulcer. Since most of these bad bacteria already live in our bodies to some extent, all they need is a little chance for them to take over. Directly homebrew can't cause his infection, but indirectly it (alcohol) could have aggravated his ulcer and made it vulneralble to infection of a handful of bacteria that were already present.

No ulcers at the moment, but have had and have a very delicate stomach balance it would seem, but homebrew was definitely the main contributory factor.
All I'm really saying is that the balance was upset by the homebrew, I love the stuff, I'll continue to drink it, but at the end of the day, it can contribute to a bad stomach. It shouldn't be always put down to something that was eaten or whatever, I know my bad stomach and this was the first time it was ever like this, I'm 38 so I've had the problems a few years, but only started homebrew this year.
It can be a factor, don't always write it off as RDWHAHB, my doc agreed with what had happened, basically I pitched a huge starter on my stomach and it became a fermenter for a little while, until I starved it.

Yes I have similiar problems as you. I dont drink heavily before eating , and dont drink heavily on a full stomach either. I'm just saying that u could have had the same reaction by drinking or eating something else that would have set your stomach off. For me that could be orange juice, mexican food , etc.

Yes I have similiar problems as you. I dont drink heavily before eating , and dont drink heavily on a full stomach either. I'm just saying that u could have had the same reaction by drinking or eating something else that would have set your stomach off. For me that could be orange juice, mexican food , etc.

Yeah but that would be a different reaction which would be a localised cramp in my duodenum, not a liquid stomach that was cramping constantly while rusty water was squirting from where the sun don't shine.
When I have active ulcers I can't sleep, but differently, ironically it feels like now, after the problems, that I might have an ulcer developing again.

I think it's not right to give the impression that homebrew is totally harmless to all people, and is misleading, I agree it won't kill you, but it'll limit your social activities severely if you happen to react like I've done, to social activities that can't be further than about 30 feet from a toilet.

Some people have problems and their systems don't cope well with the active yeast, it's that simple.

Yeah but that would be a different reaction which would be a localised cramp in my duodenum, not a liquid stomach that was cramping constantly while rusty water was squirting from where the sun don't shine.
When I have active ulcers I can't sleep, but differently, ironically it feels like now, after the problems, that I might have an ulcer developing again.

I think it's not right to give the impression that homebrew is totally harmless to all people, and is misleading, I agree it won't kill you, but it'll limit your social activities severely if you happen to react like I've done, to social activities that can't be further than about 30 feet from a toilet.

Some people have problems and their systems don't cope well with the active yeast, it's that simple.
Have you ever had this problem w/ commercial beer?My wife has Chron's and certain things like raw veggies will set it off.

What's wrong with a little farting. In the immortal words of Ben Franklin to Thomas Jefferson. " You know Thomas, there is nothing so sweet as the smell of one's own flatulence, but stay away from Adams after he's had a pint or two."

Sorry but I disagree, I dont think we need to start giving warnings to folks about homebrew. Its about as safe as drinking orange juice. And for me Orange Juice can ruin my day even with my daily intake of acid reducers. For other folks milk is a tyrant. I think you have other issues that should be medically investigated. And once they diagnose you, they will tell you to stay away from certain foods /drinks. Sure alcohol will be one of them, but it wont be just homebrew.

Have you ever had this problem w/ commercial beer?My wife has Chron's and certain things like raw veggies will set it off.

Nope absolutely not, Guinness is known in Ireland to produce the odd dose of the trots for the day after a session, but that's just a colon cleanser compared to what I've just been through.

Sorry but I disagree, I dont think we need to start giving warnings to folks about homebrew. Its about as safe as drinking orange juice. And for me Orange Juice can ruin my day even with my daily intake of acid reducers. For other folks milk is a tyrant. I think you have other issues that should be medically investigated. And once they diagnose you, they will tell you to stay away from certain foods /drinks. Sure alcohol will be one of them, but it wont be just homebrew.

Not giving warnings, just being honest when someone asks if homebrew can be responsible for their all too frequent runs to the crapper, that's all.

Nope absolutely not, Guinness is known in Ireland to produce the odd dose of the trots for the day after a session, but that's just a colon cleanser compared to what I've just been through.

If active yeast is the trigger for you then pasturization may be the solution.I wonder if you could safely heat bottled beer to the point where the yeast dies and still enjoy the fruits of your labor w/o staining your fruit of the looms?:D

i dont know why any one would be so upset by the runs, but you know what? if anyones homebrew made me constipated i would be f***ing pissed

HA HA lol word if a homebrew made my **** chip the bowl then i would be like damn i am not drinking that anymore

If active yeast is the trigger for you then pasturization may be the solution.I wonder if you could safely heat bottled beer to the point where the yeast dies and still enjoy the fruits of your labor w/o staining your fruit of the looms?:D

Hehe, yeah, well I've been thinking that if it happens again that I will have to start filtering the beer, but this the last thing that I want to do as I really really love the real ale.
Time will tell.
Lessons learned for me in any case:
One month in the bucket, one month in the bottle, then into the fridge to drop the remaining yeast then let it come back up to cellar temp to drink, I wasn't even cooling that batch when it happened, as I like it at room temperature, but...lessons learned like I said.

Oh I also pop a few acidophilius if I have a few homebrews now, pitch the lactobacilus against the yeast and let them fight it out without majorly involving my colon.

You ever try Kefir ? You might look into it. I had cared for some of the grains for about 2 years, then just let them go. It keep your stomach in top shape. they're easy enough to get though. s

Ok so maybe I'm wrong on the yeast strain as opposed to Candida, very aggressive tone for a man of religion by the way (but that's an aside).

I was very ill for three weeks and the only thing that helped was to take acidophilus, I was sick....very sick.

The doctor didn't mention candida, nor did the chemist, but both were of the opinion that pitching that amount of yeast will have done what I had.

Make of it what you will.

(you're normally a nice guy.)

So the doctor didn't mention Candida and you're spouting off on a message board about how you got Candida from homebrewed beer? There's a reason people around here aren't going to take well to that. There are so many misconceptions as to what homebrew can do to you, that it really takes a lot of effort for people to convince others that they are safe.

You're on a brewing message board, basically lying to people about what you had, and you expect people to just accept it? I'm sorry you have a sensitive stomach, but you obviously have medical issues above and beyond this, and you are not the norm. Just don't go telling people false truths. You make all of us look bad.

So the doctor didn't mention Candida and you're spouting off on a message board about how you got Candida from homebrewed beer? There's a reason people around here aren't going to take well to that. There are so many misconceptions as to what homebrew can do to you, that it really takes a lot of effort for people to convince others that they are safe.

You're on a brewing message board, basically lying to people about what you had, and you expect people to just accept it? I'm sorry you have a sensitive stomach, but you obviously have medical issues above and beyond this, and you are not the norm. Just don't go telling people false truths. You make all of us look bad.

So it was my mistake, but I was pretty ****ty ill.

I've said enough on here, I'm not trying to badmouth homebrew, I love the stuff, but it's bull**** to say it'll never affect you and it must have been what you eat.

Bull**** for bull****, my bad.

I'm sorry you didn't like my "tone," but you did spout BS and a misconception in trying to blame candida on the yeast in your homebrew....

I simply showed you that you cannot get one strain of a yeast infection from another...That is spouting misconception and fear to other people, and I can't abide by it.

I'm not denying you had the runs....that can be gotten through yeast...but that is a separate issue from your assertion that you got candida from the yeast in your beer.

I'm sorry you didn't like my "tone," but you did spout BS and a misconception in trying to blame candida on the yeast in your homebrew....

I simply showed you that you cannot get one strain of a yeast infection from another...That is spouting misconception and fear to other people, and I can't abide by it.

I'm not denying you had the runs....that can be gotten through yeast...but that is a separate issue from your assertion that you got candida from the yeast in your beer.

I said I'd said enough, but I will apologise specifically for blaming candida, which I believed was a general yeast infection, on what was a sacchromyces yeast infection.
Thanks.

I said I'd said enough, but I will apologise specifically for blaming candida, which I believed was a general yeast infection, on what was a sacchromyces yeast infection.
Thanks.

Sacch is a non-pathogenic yeast. You CANNOT get an infection from sacch.

Sacch is a non-pathogenic yeast. You CANNOT get an infection from sacch.

A quick google, this the first link that came back.
[ame=http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=&=&q=saccharomyces+infection&btnG=Google+Search&aq=0s&oq=]saccharomyces infection - Google Search[/ame]

Invasive Saccharomyces infection: a comprehensive ...[Clin Infect Dis. 2005] - PubMed Result

Invasive Saccharomyces infection: a comprehensive review.
Enache-Angoulvant A, Hennequin C.

Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.

BACKGROUND: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (also known as "baker's yeast" or "brewer's yeast") is mostly considered to be an occasional digestive commensal. However, since the 1990s, there have been a growing number of reports about its implication as an etiologic agent of invasive infection. A particular feature of such infections is their association with a probiotic preparation of Saccharomyces boulardii (a subtype of S. cerevisiae) for treatment various diarrheal disorders. METHODS: We collected published case reports, through May 2005, of invasive Saccharomyces infection by use of a Medline query. Epidemiological and clinical charts and therapeutic strategies were analyzed. RESULTS: We found 92 cases of Saccharomyces invasive infection. Predisposing factors were similar to those of invasive candidiasis, with intravascular catheter and antibiotic therapy being the most frequent. Blood was the most frequent site of isolation (for 72 patients). S. boulardii accounted for 51.3% of fungemias and was exclusively isolated from blood. Compared with patients infected with S. cerevisiae, patients infected with S. boulardii were more frequently immunocompetent and had a better prognosis. Saccharomyces invasive infection was clinically indistinguishable from an invasive candidiasis. Overall, S. cerevisiae clinical isolates exhibited low susceptibility to amphotericin B and azole derivatives. However, global outcome was favorable in 62% of the cases. Treatment with intravenous amphotericin B and fluconazole, in combination with central vascular catheter removal, were effective therapeutic options. CONCLUSION: Saccharomyces organisms should now be added to the growing list of emerging fungal pathogens. Special caution should be taken regarding the use of S. boulardii probiotic preparations.

PMID: 16267727 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

So whereby what I said was BS, if you read the bold bit, that I made bold for clarity, maybe you can see where my mixing it up with candida came from.

A quick google, this the first link that came back.
saccharomyces infection - Google Search

Invasive Saccharomyces infection: a comprehensive ...[Clin Infect Dis. 2005] - PubMed Result

Invasive Saccharomyces infection: a comprehensive review.
Enache-Angoulvant A, Hennequin C.

Laboratoire de Parasitologie, Faculte de Medecine Pierre et Marie Curie, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie, Paris, France.

BACKGROUND: Saccharomyces cerevisiae (also known as "baker's yeast" or "brewer's yeast") is mostly considered to be an occasional digestive commensal. However, since the 1990s, there have been a growing number of reports about its implication as an etiologic agent of invasive infection. A particular feature of such infections is their association with a probiotic preparation of Saccharomyces boulardii (a subtype of S. cerevisiae) for treatment various diarrheal disorders. METHODS: We collected published case reports, through May 2005, of invasive Saccharomyces infection by use of a Medline query. Epidemiological and clinical charts and therapeutic strategies were analyzed. RESULTS: We found 92 cases of Saccharomyces invasive infection. Predisposing factors were similar to those of invasive candidiasis, with intravascular catheter and antibiotic therapy being the most frequent. Blood was the most frequent site of isolation (for 72 patients). S. boulardii accounted for 51.3% of fungemias and was exclusively isolated from blood. Compared with patients infected with S. cerevisiae, patients infected with S. boulardii were more frequently immunocompetent and had a better prognosis. Saccharomyces invasive infection was clinically indistinguishable from an invasive candidiasis. Overall, S. cerevisiae clinical isolates exhibited low susceptibility to amphotericin B and azole derivatives. However, global outcome was favorable in 62% of the cases. Treatment with intravenous amphotericin B and fluconazole, in combination with central vascular catheter removal, were effective therapeutic options. CONCLUSION: Saccharomyces organisms should now be added to the growing list of emerging fungal pathogens. Special caution should be taken regarding the use of S. boulardii probiotic preparations.

PMID: 16267727 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE

So whereby what I said was BS, if you read the bold bit, that I made bold for clarity, maybe you can see where my mixing it up with candida came from.

OK, but you're still referencing an article where they are talking about a rare infection due to catheterization and antibiotic therapy. If you're drinking your beer with a catheter, you're doing it wrong.

OK, but you're still referencing an article where they are talking about a rare infection due to catheterization and antibiotic therapy. If you're drinking your beer with a catheter, you're doing it wrong.

CONCLUSION: Saccharomyces organisms should now be added to the growing list of emerging fungal pathogens. Special caution should be taken regarding the use of S. boulardii probiotic preparations.

Enough is enough man......

you say you're done with this thread but you keep posting in it..

S. boulardii isn't using in brewing

Because I was called out on an inaccuracy, all so ****in defensive of homebrew despite scientific evidence.
I was inaccurate, not bloody incapable of reading, read the report.

"Saccharomyces invasive infection was clinically indistinguishable from an invasive candidiasis"

Hence with my research I thought I had candida, leading to my inaccurate statement which actually turned out to be pretty close to the truth.

Back