Got my label. Now im stuck :(

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohill1981

Reaction score
Can someone help point me in the correct direction. I have my Beer label in a .jpg format and im wanting to find the right template so i can adjust the size to fit the bottle correctly and be able to save it so i can carry it to kinkos to print out a few pages of say 50 labels... I have photoshop and office but can not figure it out.. Is there an easy way ?

I did mine by inserting the jpg into a word document, adjust the size there and copy and paste to get 6 on a sheet of solid label paper. Then off to Office Depot

In Photoshop, with your image open, do File->Automate->Picture Package. This will allow you to create a page with the maximum amount of labels on it. Save it out as a Photoshop PDF file and carry it down to Kinko's.

Most image software will give you the dimensions of a picture. Hell, even in MS Paint you can see that info. Ctrl+E will give you the dimensions and from there you can resize (Ctrl+W) based on percentage to get it where you want.

i just use avery 5160 labels with the built in template....i mean what more do you need....but i guess in all honestly i like the simple look, my beer is what will get your attention anyway not a two dollar label....i kid i kid....

I just started to make labels and had some problems with the avery template I used. The labels in the template were in portrait orientation and I did them in landscape and could not get them inserted properly.

Did what SIXFOOTER said about just putting them on a sheet of paper. But what really helped me was using Inkscape to design. Free and really easy to use. Am able to do way more cool stuff than what Word offered me, such as multi-directional text, adding images, changing the images texture/color and so on.

Ended up printing them on a bubble jet printer and using a glue stick to affix them. They are on really tight and look great, but really need to take my image to kinko's and have them laser print them for clarity and water resistance.

Back