googlegooglegooglegoogle.com= Awesome

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baja_Brewer

Reaction score
I dont know if anyone here has heard of this site yet, but its pretty neat. You basically can run 4 Google browsers on one screen. I happen to have a second monitor I plug into my laptop at home so I'm usually running two screens anyways and I just open a second browser when I need one. I also use firefox and use the scroll wheel on my mouse to click a link I want to open in a new tab (if you didn't know that trick, you're welcome;))

Anyway, staying on topic, the thing I like best about googlegooglegooglegoogle.com is that you can modify it to run other sites. I've closed two of the four windows, and I'm browsing HBT in one and autotrader in the other, and it can tell where my mouse is for scrolling purposes and such. Pretty cool solution compared to running multiple browser windows if you only have one screen.

This site isnt actually run by google, but I think its cool. Only major issue I had was not being able to go "back"

Dunno how this screen shot will come out, but this is an example.
twosites.jpg

Agreed but then you're using double the resources! (I have an old comp)

I will grant that there is some small amount of extra overhead to open a separate browser window, but I have to imagine that any overhead is completely overwhelmed by doing the same thing purely in javascript instead.

What I mean is, you're not saving any resources at all, and in fact are probably using MORE resources because of the way that site works. The exception to this would be if you're one of those people who has 100 little toolbars installed in your browser. Those toolbars can be resource hogs.

I also use firefox and use the scroll wheel on my mouse to click a link I want to open in a new tab (if you didn't know that trick, you're welcome;))

"And... what about TABBED BROWSING? To fasten, take the little end and stick it in the big end and... you know what? If you guys don't know how to use TABBED BROWSING, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer because you're a *retard* "

I didn't say it, David Spade did.

I will grant that there is some small amount of extra overhead to open a separate browser window, but I have to imagine that any overhead is completely overwhelmed by doing the same thing purely in javascript instead.

Agreed. Plus really? Do you need more than 2 browsers at the same time? I mean one of HBT and one of pron and I'm all set.....

"And... what about TABBED BROWSING? To fasten, take the little end and stick it in the big end and... you know what? If you guys don't know how to use TABBED BROWSING, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer because you're a *retard* "

You obviously havent met my parents.

Agreed. Plus really? Do you need more than 2 browsers at the same time? I mean one of HBT and one of pron and I'm all set.....

Yeah, I had to switch over to autotrader for a reason :D

Back