Good year for bugs and I am not talking about yeast.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBOGAN

Reaction score
Japanese beetles should be non existent as of early august..Nope! Now I have fruit flies. Just heated up all my kettles and ran boiling water through my pump and chiller to kill all the eggs. Never thought I would say this but I cannot wait until winter when all these SOB's die.:mad:Good thing they are not attracted to my lager chamber, that is the only plus side.

Yeah the bugs have have pretty rough here in nc as well. Not to mention the rain and humidy. Between the beetles and everything else it's been quite a battle no matter what's used.

It is what it is I guess.

At least I am going to visit two breweries tomorrow with the SWMBO and going to my favorite brew shop before a wedding. New brew gadgets make everything better.

It's been pretty bad here too. Darn white ash beetles & this skeeter-looking bug called a mucklehead. Found a brown recluse in one of my Adam's needle cactus. Good thing is I haven't seen that big coyote this year yet. Wanted to put a 22 magnum in his head to make a collar for my leather jacket. Kinda like the toecutter's.

Think I will take the fruit flies over the recluse...Nasty little spiders.

It was about the size of a quarter too. Found it while weeding around the cactus. Good thing I spotted him first!

Yeah the bugs have have pretty rough here in nc as well. Not to mention the rain and humidy. Between the beetles and everything else it's been quite a battle no matter what's used.

It is what it is I guess.

Seriously. Wake Forest, NC here and somehow every brew from April to October is a hot, sweaty, bug filled mess.

Back