Good Recipe Sites...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckyboy

Reaction score
Hey all, well I finally found a LHBS in my city that carrys the good stuff (DME, hops, grains so on) so im looking to start my first extract brew or mabey partial. Dose any one have good sites for recipes or can recommend any good books I might be able to find? I am a little dissapointed with the recipe link at the top I thought there would be abit more there. If any one has any good recipes theyd like to share that be great to...I like sweeter pale ale or brown ale (newcastle) nothing to crazy to start with....

As always HBT fcuking ROCKS!!

Cheers

Cory

Take a look at the recipe drop down under a posters name.

Brewers don't recommend bad recipes (Or they shouldn't)I have maybe 50 recipes but I'm ticking with the ones that I think other brewers will like.

I've been using :
http://beerdujour.com/JamilsRecipes.htm
"These recipes are placed here with the permission of Jamil Zainasheff. They have been copied from various sources and compiled here.

Jamil is a noted brewer with multiple awards including the 2004 AHA Ninkasi Award. The Ninkasi Award is named for the Sumerian Goddess of Beer and is given to the winningest brewer in the second round of the national homebrew competition."

Well, I don't mean to sound snobby, but if our recipe database is disappointing (https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f82/), then I don't think you'll find a book or website that will give you more. We have literally hundreds of proven recipes, some of which are award winning. I don't know of anywhere else on the internet that has a more complete collection of good recipes. Some websites have questionable recipes, but ours does not.

A good book (with only one recipe per style, though) is "Brewing Classic Styles" by Jamil Zainasheff and John Palmer. It talks about the different styles, what ingredients are used and why, and gives you an example of the classic style to brew. It's an extract recipe book, with all-grain conversion in there. His recipes in that book assume a 6.5 gallon boil, but he tells you how to make a partial boil if you want to.

Back