GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoever recommended Troll a Hunter should punch themselves in the mouth. That is all.

WTF?????????

OH! sorry. Can't read subtitles?

;)

Seriously though, from a Low budget documentary-like start, to unassuming but fantastic effects USED IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE........

That is to say...In my opinion, over the top movies filled with CGI are fine, but never GREAT.

Movies that dole it out to enhance otherwise good stories and acting are where it is most effective.

WTF?????????

OH! sorry. Can't read subtitles?

;)

Seriously though, from a Low budget documentary-like start, to unassuming but fantastic effects USED IN THE BEST WAY POSSIBLE........

That is to say...In my opinion, over the top movies filled with CGI are fine, but never GREAT.

Movies that dole it out to enhance otherwise good stories and acting are where it is most effective.

Not funny; I'm discleksick

Troll hunter was unassuming and AWESOME.

Devil's Pass has a little of the campy "We filmed this" beginning with an AWESOME ending. Way beyond Trollhunter.

Kill Bill 1 on AP is AWESOME.

Kill Bill 2 on AP is the longest ufcking movie ever. At one point I was pretty sure it was almost over, so I pause it to see how long was left.....AN HOUR AND 45 MINUTES..........JESUS UFCKING CHRIST. If I wasn't cooking a BUNCH of food too, It would have taken 4 sessions to finish it.

What a waste.

Kill Bill vol 2 makes watching Kill Bill vol 1 worthwhile.

Except for Uma Thurman's absolutely atrocious Japanese. That grates my nerves every single time I watch those films. You'd think they could afford some kind of speech coach or something for her.

In one of the many varied lists of recommendations that one gets nowadays on Netflix, I found Rake, a BBC series about an alcoholic, gambling-addicted defense lawyer. I really was watching it in the hopes there'd be something interesting about poker in the show, and so far haven't seen a glimmer of that, but it turns out to be a really well-acted series with clever writing, so I am sticking to it despite the disparity between the name of the series and the lack of poker content. Maybe "rake" means something different in the UK.

Also, I have discovered that one of my favorite films of all time, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is available for streaming under the "foreign films" content.

Doh! Now that you mention it, that explains why I couldn't place what part of the UK those accents were from. :p
It all makes so much more sense now. You'll have to forgive my ignorance as I've only been to the UK a few times, and Australia only for one week of my entire life...

And in other news, apparently the version of The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly that is on Netflix is the director's cut. There's a short scene I have never seen before with Angel Eyes.

Kill Bill vol 2 makes watching Kill Bill vol 1 worthwhile.

Except for Uma Thurman's absolutely atrocious Japanese. That grates my nerves every single time I watch those films. You'd think they could afford some kind of speech coach or something for her.

Wait....

2 makes 1 good?

I think we are agreeing, but not sure.

My kid is playing some West Side Story tunes in band. Their Marching Band Theme next year is West Side Story. We rent ed West Side Story last night.

AWFUL.

My wife even Googled it and it won like 10 Oscars or some such. I guess you had to be there. And you had to be stoned.

In one of the many varied lists of recommendations that one gets nowadays on Netflix, I found Rake, a BBC series about an alcoholic, gambling-addicted defense lawyer. I really was watching it in the hopes there'd be something interesting about poker in the show, and so far haven't seen a glimmer of that, but it turns out to be a really well-acted series with clever writing, so I am sticking to it despite the disparity between the name of the series and the lack of poker content. Maybe "rake" means something different in the UK.

Also, I have discovered that one of my favorite films of all time, The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly is available for streaming under the "foreign films" content.

Listen to the lyrics.

The rakes song.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just watched The Family. Loved it! Daughter (Belle) is so hot! And Michelle Pheiffer is an all time love of mine. We've never met

Family started watching From Dusk Til Dawn series and got caught up. I thought it would be nice to see the movie it was based on (Tarantino), but Netflix does not have it.

They don't have Revenge of the Nerds either!

Family started watching From Dusk Til Dawn series and got caught up. I thought it would be nice to see the movie it was based on (Tarantino), but Netflix does not have it.

They don't have Revenge of the Nerds either!

Netflix has it, it is not streaming.

Netflix has always been about seeing what is on, not seeing if you can find a specific title.

I would never have "looked" for the hundreds of now dear to me movies that I have found on Netflix streaming......

That said......a lot of them are no longer there as Netflix gets rid of old and gets new.

Blood creek is gone, as are Lo and a few others I can't place right now.

Netflix has FDTD part II and III. We don't have the discs anymore. The really sad thing is that I couldn't even find a download on TPB!

Oh well, I ended up finishing the cement board in the laundry room in advance of laying tile tonight. or tomorrow as it seems the kid has a flute lesson tonight about 45 minutes away.

Netflix has FDTD part II and III. We don't have the discs anymore. The really sad thing is that I couldn't even find a download on TPB!

Oh well, I ended up finishing the cement board in the laundry room in advance of laying tile tonight. or tomorrow as it seems the kid has a flute lesson tonight about 45 minutes away.

.........The first one started out so good! Then the WORST special effects ever, cooupled with a complete loss of plot in favor of unoriginal theatrics made it unwatchable in my book............except the part with Salma....that is impossible to not to watch.

Watched a couple docs recently. Blackfish was awesome, I'm never going to Sea WOrld.

Also watched The Crash Reel the other night and I had tears in my eyes. Holy **** that's a good flick. Had to flip to Argentinian Netflix though.

If you want to see if something specific is on Netflix or whatever, check out the site www.moreflix.com - it'll tell ya.

.........The first one started out so good! Then the WORST special effects ever, cooupled with a complete loss of plot in favor of unoriginal theatrics made it unwatchable in my book............except the part with Salma....that is impossible to not to watch.

Yeah, I mentioned to my friend that I was goign to watch it, and he's a big Tarantino fan and he said that movie takes a HUGE turn at the end.

While I was looking for it online, I did find the Salma Hyak dance scene... :cross:

I don't know. I think that anything with Tarantino in it has to be watched at least once. There have been plenty of movies that most people dislike that I have found interesting and enjoyable.

Machete came close. So much promise it never delivers on. I know that's not Tarantino, but it's close. Still wondering if I should watch the sequel.

Yeah, I mentioned to my friend that I was goign to watch it, and he's a big Tarantino fan and he said that movie takes a HUGE turn at the end.

While I was looking for it online, I did find the Salma Hyak dance scene... :cross:

I don't know. I think that anything with Tarantino in it has to be watched at least once. There have been plenty of movies that most people dislike that I have found interesting and enjoyable.

Machete came close. So much promise it never delivers on. I know that's not Tarantino, but it's close. Still wondering if I should watch the sequel.

Been thinking I should watch Machete....guess, as you say, it is probably worth watching once.

Been thinking I should watch Machete....guess, as you say, it is probably worth watching once.

If you are familiar with Robert Rodriquez's films, then you might get a kick out of it. I was pretty excited to see it because I like low budget action flicks and it had Danny Trejo as a bad-ass, kick-ass, main character.

But, for me the real movie never showed up. There were plenty of good scenes, but the cheeziness wasn't quite there. It wasn't good enough to be a real serious movie either. It kind of fell into a no-man's land.

I think if they could have written more cheezy one-liner humour into it, it could have reached a certain level of cult goodness.

I'm happy to see Danny is in the sequel, and I think I will check it out. I hear there's a trailer for 3rd movie called, Machete Kills Again: In Space.

I disagree, I think the turn borders on surreal and is very very Tarantino, I loved it.

That was my first reaction too...but after like 10 more times seeing it I've come around to thinking it's nothing short of awesome.

"Did they look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a **** how crazy they are..."

Latest posts

Back