GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am going to try to get reservations during my next trip. Apparently it's not easy. Reservations for June open up about 20.5 hours from now, so I've got my fingers crossed.

That, my friend, deserves it's own thread!!!!

If you don't, I'm gonna ;)

I am going to try to get reservations during my next trip. Apparently it's not easy. Reservations for June open up about 20.5 hours from now, so I've got my fingers crossed.

$350 for 22 pieces of sushi. Seems like the experience will be well worth it.

Reservations are not looking good so far. When I call I get a message in Japanese from NTT saying the lines are way too busy to complete the call.

EDIT: Oh, one try I got just a regular busy signal. That's sort of like progress, right?

Reservations are not looking good so far. When I call I get a message in Japanese from NTT saying the lines are way too busy to complete the call.

EDIT: Oh, one try I got just a regular busy signal. That's sort of like progress, right?

Yes, next step should be ringing then someone's answers and immediately hangs up on you.

I really like the First From Dusk till Dawn, but have no interest in watching the sequels. Is Del Torro involved with the show, or is it just on his El Ray channel?

I loved Machete, it was really fun. The second one I thought was too cheezy, but if thats what you are looking for you will probably like it.

There is a Directors Cut of Iron Sky on streaming now, and they have Don Jon which I enjoyed.

I really like the First From Dusk till Dawn, but have no interest in watching the sequels. Is Del Torro involved with the show, or is it just on his El Ray channel?

I loved Machete, it was really fun. The second one I thought was too cheezy, but if thats what you are looking for you will probably like it.

There is a Directors Cut of Iron Sky on streaming now, and they have Don Jon which I enjoyed.

Edit: It was Robert Rodriguez who did FDTD, not Del Toro. Different people. Rodriguez is a good friend of Tarantino's and they did the original together.

I have not yet gotten to watch the original movie, but the series has been pretty good. The episode we watched last night was when all hell broke loose in the T1TTY TW1STER and all the vamps came out to play.

It was a pretty gory mess. I have been downloading them from the Internets.

I see the original movie is now just available for streaming. Just need to schedule that in to our daily programming.

Edit: It was Robert Rodriguez who did FDTD, not Del Toro. Different people. Rodriguez is a good friend of Tarantino's and they did the original together..

Phew! Threw me for a minute.

I was like "DEL TORO????????? Hold the phone!"

FDTD is a joke next to Devil's Backbone.

Watched Reincarnated last night. It follows Snoop Dogg er.....Lion on his spiritual journey to Jamaica. Also shows him offering real California weed to the rastas he's communing with. Wonder how that got smuggled into the country. Two thumbs down.

Started watching Marley as well. Doc on the life of Bob Marley, I think this aired on VH1 or Paladia about a year ago, its a good watch if you like Bob Marley and Reggae.

I knew Rodriguez did Dusk Til Dawn, for some reason I was thinking the El Ray channel was Del Torro but it looks like that is Rodriguez as well.

Well to take it full circle, Del Torro's vampire movie Cronos was different. I saw it near Halloween but cannot remember if it was by Disc or Stream.

Watched Reincarnated last night. It follows Snoop Dogg er.....Lion on his spiritual journey to Jamaica. Also shows him offering real California weed to the rastas he's communing with. Wonder how that got smuggled into the country. Two thumbs down.

Started watching Marley as well. Doc on the life of Bob Marley, I think this aired on VH1 or Paladia about a year ago, its a good watch if you like Bob Marley and Reggae.

Wait, so you're upset that Snoop took weed to Jamaica? Reincarnated was good. Sure you don't have kind of bias against the man?

I thought Snoop quit smoking... am I behind the times as usual? Is he back at it again? :drunk:

Wait, so you're upset that Snoop took weed to Jamaica? Reincarnated was good. Sure you don't have kind of bias against the man?

No bias, just don't buy the spiritual reincarnation. Just excuse to smoke weed on camera. Hell I'd do it to, if anybody would watch.

I knew Rodriguez did Dusk Til Dawn, for some reason I was thinking the El Ray channel was Del Torro but it looks like that is Rodriguez as well.

Well to take it full circle, Del Torro's vampire movie Cronos was different. I saw it near Halloween but cannot remember if it was by Disc or Stream.

Hell, did you see Rise of the Guardians????

An effing kid's movie......AWESOME.

Dark as hell, but not so dark that kids can't enjoy it.

Big Bad ass Santa Claus believably wading into battle waving 2 swords.....against Nightmare corrupted Sandman sand trying to destroy every holiday in existence...probably have to see it, but I am telling you, not your mother's christmas movie........or one of the endlessly retarded "The Santa" or "Santa clause's brother" movies.

You can see Del toro's influence.

Hell, did you see Rise of the Guardians????

An effing kid's movie......AWESOME.

Dark as hell, but not so dark that kids can't enjoy it.

Big Bad ass Santa Claus believably wading into battle waving 2 swords.....against Nightmare corrupted Sandman sand trying to destroy every holiday in existence...probably have to see it, but I am telling you, not your mother's christmas movie........or one of the endlessly retarded "The Santa" or "Santa clause's brother" movies.

You can see Del toro's influence.

Did not care for it.

The Last Gladiators is a good documentary about hockey enforcers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back OT...

Strangely.....

Starving Games is funny. I almost turned it off, but was glad I didn't, worth watching.

Season 2 American Horror Story finally finished. That took forever...it was just effed up enough to keep me interested.

The Last Gladiators is a good documentary about hockey enforcers

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Thanks for this. I didn't know about it. I love being neck deep in the playoffs right now. I'm rooting hard for Montreal. I think a Habs/Kings Stanley cup would be pretty cool.

You do realize it is a kids movie, right?

i would not say that the spongebob movie is in my top 5 most compelling movies ever, but for a kids movie, it ROCKS.

(ROCK)

A kid's movie? Huh, I never made the connection before. You're a lifesaver, Mr. Obvious!

Seriously, though, yeah, it's a kids movie. I am quite fond of kids movies and this one did nothing for me. I couldn't understand what everyone else saw in it.

A kid's movie? Huh, I never made the connection before. You're a lifesaver, Mr. Obvious!

Seriously, though, yeah, it's a kids movie. I am quite fond of kids movies and this one did nothing for me. I couldn't understand what everyone else saw in it.

I really liked the more historically authentic Santa Clause (as historically accurate as a fairy tale can be ;)), I really liked how Jack Frost was actually dead, and had died saving a sibling from drowning in a frozen pond.

I thought the corrupted sand was quite effective, and the idea of taking the sand man's sand, which brings good dreams, and making it nightmare sand, was quite creative.

I liked the Avenger like Justice league of super Holiday people.

Ok, so before I said that COSMOS: War of the Planets was the worst movie ever made. And at the time I truly felt it WAS the worst movie ever made (That I had seen, anyway)

But last night I had the awful pleasure to watch MANOS: Hands of Fate.

So now I humbly concede that against MANOS, COSMOS has not right to the title of worst movie ever made. The only redeeming feature about MANOS was that we watched the Live Rifftrax version. Yes, the same fellow who did all of those awesomely funny Mystery Science Theater 3000 episodes, riffing on MANOS live in front of a theater full of people.

The movie was just... TERRIBLE. It wasn't the worst story. But the acting, the dialogue, the camera angles, the acting were all almost constantly AWFUL.

People would stand there for like 3-4 seconds with some stupid look on their face as if they were trying to remember their lines. Then get this weird expression and mumble something and then gesture and then stand there for another second or two and then cut to another scene of the same thing again with someone else.

And TORGO! Lurching around like a drunken disabled person! He would take 15 seconds to stand up, or lurch from one place to another place that was like 5 feet away.

My favorite part was when the "wives" of the master were killing Torgo with playful slaps and tickles.

Ok, I'm off to find out if the filmmaker hung himself right after the first viewing....

What I love about awful movies like MANOS is that they reset my 1 to 10 scale. I can enjoy more movies because compared to MANOS, they are awesome!

To be honest, it was one of the better MST3K treatments I've seen.

I have read up on the movie just a small amount and it is rumoured that the dude playing Torgo was high on LSD when he shot his scenes. So his lurching about and weird expressions aren't nearly as odd-seeming now.

Barbarella (I think it is on Netflix) is a nearly unwatchable softcore fest.

I concur, although I thought Jane Fonda's acting wasn't too bad considering the quality of the rest of the movie and the era in which it was filmed. And you have to admit, there were a COUPLE of nice scenes in it.

And I'm no fan of Jane Fonda. These boots were made for walking is one of my most hated songs of that time.

I concur, although I thought Jane Fonda's acting wasn't too bad considering the quality of the rest of the movie and the era in which it was filmed. And you have to admit, there were a COUPLE of nice scenes in it.

And I'm no fan of Jane Fonda. These boots were made for walking is one of my most hated songs of that time.

Nice scenes.......;) the opening credits come to mind.

Back