GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched human centipede 2. Most effed up movie ever made. It will test your intestinal fortitude. No pun. On prime... You'll need a shower when done

Blue Valentine. Has Ryan Gosseling and Michelle Williams. Kind of a romantic drama, but it's not really a happy story. Great soundtrack. I loved it.

Drinking Buddies, a chick flick set in a brewery (Revolution Brewery out of Chicago).

I watched this yesterday and thought it was a pretty mediocre film.

On the other hand, I would recommend Sexy evil genius as well as The brass teapot.

White Collar is actually pretty decent. Sure, there's a fair share of eye-rolling due to the nature of a USA original show, but it's entertaining enough and ok for watching while the kids are around. :)

I watched this yesterday and thought it was a pretty mediocre film.

On the other hand, I would recommend Sexy evil genius as well as The brass teapot.

The Brass Teapot was ok. Didn't like the girl, something about her pissed me off. Funny concept though.

White Collar is actually pretty decent. Sure, there's a fair share of eye-rolling due to the nature of a USA original show, but it's entertaining enough and ok for watching while the kids are around. :)

I like White Collar. It's dumbed down and not believable, but it's entertaining. I'm a sucker for "Burn Notice" as well.

Tried watching Toad Road. Couldn't really get into it even watching half. Decided to give Solomon Kane a go. 1/3 of the way in and this is more entertaining to me at the moment.

Is it on Netflix? If so, I'll have to check it out when we're done with WC.

Burn Notice Seasons 1-6 are on Netflix. It's a throwback to some of the shows I loved in the 80's like MacGuyver.

I watched 10 minutes of "Drinking Buddies" last night before I pulled the plug. Olivia Wilde is gorgeous, but it wasn't enough to make me watch the rest of that crap.

Watched Dredd last night. Better than Stallone's attempt, but would like that 2hrs of my life back. Two Cornie kegs make a guest cameo in the drug lab scene

Sent from my LGMS769 using Home Brew mobile app

Night Watch, and its sequel Day Watch. Russian movies with English subs. Good vs Bad supernatural humans (vampires, shapechangers, etc) have a truce, I like how the story develops and how it is not your typical vamp movie.

Night Watch, and its sequel Day Watch. Russian movies with English subs. Good vs Bad supernatural humans (vampires, shapechangers, etc) have a truce, I like how the story develops and how it is not your typical vamp movie.

Day watch............................WANTED to like it. WTF????

Too over the top in strange little places, too stoopid. Sorry! Interesting premise to be sure.

Day watch............................WANTED to like it. WTF????

Too over the top in strange little places, too stoopid. Sorry! Interesting premise to be sure.

Yeah Night Watch was much better. Of course now I am reading the book. story is similar but not the same. ovbiously i like the book better.

I tried Night Watch last night. I'm not sure if it was because it was late and I was tired, or trying to read subtitles on my phone, but I only lasted 20 minutes before I gave up. Too slow and dreary.

I saw Night Watch over the weekend (The first).

Is the third movie out yet? What's the title?

I saw Night Watch over the weekend (The first).

Is the third movie out yet? What's the title?

Either "Dawn Watch" or "Gloaming Watch", I am going to assume off-hand.

I watched Night Watch years ago, but never got around to watching the sequel, and I've pretty much forgotten what happened in the first one since then (vampires and funny accents?). I guess I'm going to have to have a marathon this weekend.

Either "Dawn Watch" or "Gloaming Watch", I am going to assume off-hand.

I watched Night Watch years ago, but never got around to watching the sequel, and I've pretty much forgotten what happened in the first one since then (vampires and funny accents?). I guess I'm going to have to have a marathon this weekend.

The interesting twist (which almost every video game has embraced, but movies have not) is the idea of this "darkness" which is some sort of other dimension that only powerful.....things....can enter.

The second movie has intrigue and charm which quickly dissolves into bizarre nonsensical plot twists, failing comedic attempts, strange gratuitous nudity(which I am usually OK with, but this was uncomfortable) sudden inconsistent shifts into kung-fu or action movie territory that feels waaay too forced.

The interesting twist (which almost every video game has embraced, but movies have not) is the idea of this "darkness" which is some sort of other dimension that only powerful.....things....can enter.

The second movie has intrigue and charm which quickly dissolves into bizarre nonsensical plot twists, failing comedic attempts, strange gratuitous nudity(which I am usually OK with, but this was uncomfortable) sudden inconsistent shifts into kung-fu or action movie territory that feels waaay too forced.

I didnt know if a third was made or not. I was not able to find it, though didnt look too hard and the similar movies option is crap anyway.

I did also find the Gloom (the alternate dimension) a good use for a movie. oddly enough though they called it the twilight in the english translation of the books, I kinda like gloom better.

Check out
Orange is the new Black
Hella funny from producer of Weeds.
And of course Walking Dead if you live in a closet and never heard of it!

I watched All the Boys Love Mandy Lane and it was disappointing. Typical high school kids go on a weekend trip and get murdered film. Nice twist at the end, but overall pretty boring.

Back